Exhaust exit

Hey, do you have a problem with something on your vehicle? Post the problem here someone may just have the answer for you.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

biknman
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 139
Current Racecar: Factory Five Racing 818r

Exhaust exit

Post by biknman »

I know the GCR states the exhaust must exit an equidistant form front and rear hubs. But could one run the exhaust out the front bumper on the lower right corner in front of the passenger side front tire? If not how about out the passenger side in front of the rear tire?

Thanks
Dave
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

Here's the TT rule section:
Exhaust System - Shall be directed away from the body and shall terminate at or behind a point which is equidistant from the front and rear hubs.
As you see it says "at or behind a point which is equidistant from the front and rear hubs." The intent is to have the exhaust come out behind the driver so that the exhaust does not enter the passenger compartment.
No, you cannot exit it out in front of the front tire. In front of the rear tire is fine or straight out the back.
Nelson
biknman
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 139
Current Racecar: Factory Five Racing 818r

Thanks getting dense in old age

Post by biknman »

Nelson,

Thanks for the clarification. I’m a little new to the SCCA game. I don't know if it’s me or can the GCR be hard to make since of some times? And I thought Army Regs where frustrating.

Again thanks, I really appreciate the help! :)
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

Oh, just wait till you REALLY get into things. Luckily, I was "involved" with the rules writing process this time :wink: , so I, along with quite a few others, will be happy to help translate from SCCA to English until you learn the dialect...
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?