Safety Steward Training

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Safety Steward Training

Post by Matt Green »

As I mentioned at the last PHA meeting, I am intending to hold a Safety Steward training session very soon. I have narrowed the dates down to April 18th or April 25th (both Saturdays).

I am currently intending to hold the training in Oley PA, at my church (but this may be able to change if needed).

What I need to know is- who would be interested in coming to this, and which dates are you available?

This session is open to anyone with an interest in being a Safety Steward, and any current Safety Stewards are very welcome to attend. This class will give you either an Apprentice or Official grade Time Trials Safety Steward license, depending on experience.

I would REALLY like to increase our pool of Safety Stewards, in order to better spread the responsibility, and to have more heads to think with about keeping our sport safe and viable.

Please reply to this thread with your interest and availability, and if you cannot make either day listed, please suggest an alternative.

Thanks so much, and I look forward to hearing from you!
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
jerdeitzel
Novice

Re: Safety Steward Training

Post by jerdeitzel »

Hi Matt, I'm very interested in this class. However those dates are all alittle difficult for me. The first Sat you mentioned would be my best bet if we can't do anything different. Can you fill me in on some details, How long will the class run? What times are you thinking?
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Matt Green
Novice

Post by Matt Green »

Forgot to mention times-

I'm assuming starting at 10am, going until about 3pm (with lunch in there). After that, I'd like to take people up to the hill to discuss things if people are interested, but that's not required.

Can I drive your car?
John
Novice

Post by John »

Hey Matt
Sounds very interesting the 18th would be a good date for me. My wife and I are attending the F & C School @ Lime Rock and this class would be another great bit of knowledge.
Keep us posted.
John & Mary Ginther
Working a Corner Near You
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Well as it turns out these days will not work for me. I have vacation planned, and i tried to work out the schedule to be able to make it but its just not happening. Any other weekend before or after works for me it that can be arranged. I do really need and want to do this so, Please if possible reschedule this!

Thanks
Jeremy
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Matt Green
Novice

Post by Matt Green »

Does May 2 work any better for people?

Can I drive your car?
John
Novice

Post by John »

Hey Matt
May 2nd is no good for us we will be working corner for the Grand Am Rolex Series @ NJMP Thunderbolt. Any Weekend in April works.
Working a Corner Near You
Matt Green
Novice

Post by Matt Green »

Cwazy Question-

What if I did this training on Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon at Jefferson?

It would happen from 7-9pm or so on Saturday night for the lecture portion, then a 1 and 1/2 hour discussion on Sunday afternoon after the close of competition (we could even take the discussion off-site to a restaurant for dinner...).

This is just an idea, and not necessarily my favorite option at this point, but something that might be viable...
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

I'll do whatever needs to be done. My only problem was the first dates that you mentioned.
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Joe
Novice

Post by Joe »

I would like to be a safety steward. I held a ss license for auto cross. Saturdays don't really work for me though. Nights or Sundays are cool.
Joe Perlo