Reading Racing Reunion

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

joe specht
Novice

Reading Racing Reunion

Post by joe specht »

It's time again for the Reading Racing Reunion at the Fairgrounds Mall in Muhlenburg or North Reading. We put some of our cars on display in years past and have an opportunity to do it again. The cars get put into the mall on Feb 21 after the mall closes and are on display all week. I'm told the cost is $25 per car and there's a possibility that we could have them grouped in a empty store if we have enough interested.
If your cars not under a snow drift and show ready please contact Jerry Hartman.
Joe
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Reading Racing Reunion

Post by mrevilracing »

What's been the interest in this? I could put mine in it for PHA promotion. Just need to get a few things ready.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

No interest at all? I have the Mach goin in to be re-stickered on Tuesday. I'd hate to be having this guy rush and there's nobody else goin.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Call Jerry Hartman at Hartman Driveshaft & Axle in Reading. I'd give you the number but there is not a phone book handy.
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Ok, I'll track it down. Thanks!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

Joe,

I have the green RX7 out under a car canopy and would be willing to haul it down the pricetown road?
Let me know if you are interested in my car?
PM me and I will send you my cell #

Dale
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

If we get a suitable space for the cars I will bring the PHA and BMR banners, table and some chairs and a TV with tape and DVD player so that we can have a decent display. Will need help setting up on Sunday and manning the table during the week.

Rich Rock
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Here we are, as of last night.....wayyyyy in the back of the mall. Pictures must be too big. I'll try to scale them down later.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

We're at the JC Penney end of the mall, right in front of and alongside Super Shoes. Not the best location but we're not doing too bad. We have schedules and worker recruitment literature available for people to take away, and we are playing videos, which is a real draw. (Thanks to Jim Leininger for use of his equipment)

Please, if you can find some time, stop by and help out, even if it's only for a short time. Most of the time there will only be one person there and he could use a break to get something to eat or use the restroom. I think the mall opens at either 9 or 10am. Not sure what time it closes. 9 or 10 pm? Jim Miller has his latest creation on display and you REALLY gotta see this thing!

If you have any video you can lend us, please do. It would be great to have some good in-car stuff. If you're not close enough to stop by, but are willing to overnight us the video, give me a call at 610-804-9047 and I'll give you shipping info.

Thanks!

Rich Rock, PHA VP
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zF3uhm2z4
Not my best creation but I'll bring it up.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by TKnorr »

Great job Steve. Thanks for your efforts.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

I am not sure if this program can capture video off youtube or any other site. But I'm seeking hi rez video of odd stuff. Video of the start line folks, or the announcers tent, people in the pits(no Adam, not you!), spectator and worker stuff. Also want in-car and corner video. I'll throw clips into a video and slap up some text and see what happens.

Also, anyone who knows who the guy in the mini-stock car at Giant's was....that car broke and he drove another car to complete the weekend. He has video of me doing a long burnout off the start. I'd like to have that.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

We spoke to quite a few people tonite. Handed out a lot of schedules and garnered some interest. It's amazing how people who had gone for years didn't know the PHA still ran hillclimbs. There should be a few extra spectators this year as well as 1 or 2 new drivers, we hope.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Jim Leininger
Novice
Current Racecar: A transmission

Post by Jim Leininger »

Steve,
I gotta tell 'ya, the more I play that little disc you made up, the more I'm impressed by it! The captions, the cuts from in-car to exterior shots, the length, the continuity, and the fact that it loops endlessly all combine to tell a story that's perfect to draw people in at a show like this. People stop for a glance and wind up watching a couple times to catch more details. Then you can approach them with the fact that the car is sitting right in front of them, it's a real ice breaker. The Mach seems to be a real attention getter itself. I ran it most of my shift yesterday (the vid, not the Mach :) ) and it was great also to have something that ran unattended when it was time for a snack or potty break. Well done sir :!:
Jim Leininger
Novice
Current Racecar: A transmission

Post by Jim Leininger »

For you guys working the show, I think the classifieds are worth mentioning to people wanting to know about getting started, I was about to go there in a conversation the other day and got sidetracked. That scirocco for $1900 could sway anyone. Joe Foering's outfit is still listed for $4000ish. Maybe if I spout off here I'll be more likely to remember! :D
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Yep, the disc is very well done and it sure does draw a crowd! I keep it running most all the time too!

Steve's driving ain't too bad either :D

Rich Rock
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Holy Christ... :shock:

Do you people realize what your doing to this mans ego? Isn't it big enough!?!?! He's going to have to buy a new helmet to fit that skull into it after all this growing! :evil:

lol just teasing. It is a very well put together video. Wish I had a Daily Driver, I would've dumped mine off there as well for the week...
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

deleted

I thought I was just poking fun at Steve but maybe it came off sounding a little critical. It really is interesting video and good to promote and help familiarize new and interested people with the hills.

I really didn't watch it close enough to make any comments on the driving line because I have stopped trying to critique someones driving technique, especially in a type of car I am not familiar with.

Just having a little fun with a guy I know can take a joke. :D

Dave Y
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Well, the Duryea video is perfect for learning. One could spend an entire weekend critiquing. So use it as a learning tool. Hell, I'm not perfect and the lines thru some of those turns are down right disgusting in my opinion. I can't post most video because I am critiquing on the way up and you may learn some new words!!! LOL!

Either way, if I ever get 'good', you could speculate how much faster I'd be considering it was a 126sec run and half the lines were crappy.

I'll start this week on another dvd. It will include as many other cars as possible.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!