New Jersey Motor Sports Park

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: New Jersey Motor Sports Park

Post by dspgti »

YOU S_CK!

Okay, I 'm just jealous.

But, We Will Get Snow!

Any chance we will attempt another, "DOWN HILL EVENT" at a ski slope near by?

So the first and only event had a weak turn out due to 10 degree expected daytime high temp (actaully only got to 8 on the mountain).

I hate sand in my shorts anyhow.

Dave Y.
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Here it is for us to consider. Something I hope we can discuss at the PHA meeting.

South Jersey Region is going ahead with their March 21,22,23 schedule at NJMP. Their Club Racing Driver School is a priority. The PDX is a probable fit. If PHA wants to do a Time Trial, it will be up to us.
Don't get wrong, South Jersey is the Region responsable. It is, what kind of commitment are we going to give them?

It won't be decided at the meeting but we'd like to get some input.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

With the exception of Thor, the rest of us have a potential event 12 weeks away.

More news from New Jersey Motor Sport Park.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/news/n ... 81218.html
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

The latest idea being kicked around by the New Jersey Regions is, The driver school and PDX runs on Friday and Saturday, March 27, 28. On Sunday the 29th they will finish the driver school and then hold a Level II Time Trial. There is an approval process yet to go thru which I think Matt Green or Rowe gets involved with before this can happen.

What is a Level II. Same thing as we do on the track but less safety equipment. :shock: WHAT! Yup they will run all entries with just a helmet (might have to be SNELL SA 2000 + by NJ law), no roll bar, SFI belts or fire suits. Another words, those that go thru the PDX will be able to run for times on Sunday. All licensed Time trial drivers can also attend. No reason that Regional Licensed drivers couldn't run as well. I have already told the SJ Region organizers that it is unlikely this event would be a PHA points event. They only care that we do our best to get some drivers to come out. Maybe some workers as well.

I have volunteered my services to attend their race planning meeting which I suggested be before the PHA Feb meeting. I might have more to report then.

Dave Y
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Post by Rich Sweigart »

I talked to Terry Hanushek of SJR, last night about this event.

Friday has been dropped.
Saturday will be a road racing drivers school with a PDX.
Sunday will be more drivers school with a Club Trials event(Level 2)

Terry told me that he is gearing the Level 2 event for Saturday's PDX drivers and most of what is our Group 1 drivers( Showroom Stock, Improved Touring, Street Prepared, Street Mod, some Vintage/Historic).

More details should be out soon.

RIch
Rich Sweigart
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Since you are a PHA board member, I have told the South Jersey Region that you are their contact from now on. I trust you will attend their meetings.

Dave Y.
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

Rich Sweigart wrote:I talked to Terry Hanushek of SJR, last night about this event.

Friday has been dropped.
Saturday will be a road racing drivers school with a PDX.
Sunday will be more drivers school with a Club Trials event(Level 2)

Terry told me that he is gearing the Level 2 event for Saturday's PDX drivers and most of what is our Group 1 drivers( Showroom Stock, Improved Touring, Street Prepared, Street Mod, some Vintage/Historic).

More details should be out soon.

RIch
We are trying to do the same thing at Beaver Run. Just without the RR driver school.
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Just got an announcement for the South Jersey event on the Lightning course.

March 21st
PDX entry $200
March 22nd
Club Trial $125

entry forns coming soon www.dlbracing.com

Contact JRB@njrrs.com for more information.

Rich
Rich Sweigart
John
Novice

Post by John »

The Jersey Racing Board

Presents

The March Lion Driving School

New Jersey Motorsports Park

Lightning Course

Saturday, 21 and Sunday, 22 March 2009

anyone planning on attending this event?
Working a Corner Near You
jgrausa
Novice

Post by jgrausa »

Just registered this evening. Note "Club Trials event will be limited to a maximum of 30 entrants". Good opportunity to shake down the car in prep for the season, providing the weather co-operates. I'm betting on sunshine and temps over 50.
Joe
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

jgrausa wrote:Just registered this evening. Note "Club Trials event will be limited to a maximum of 30 entrants". Good opportunity to shake down the car in prep for the season, providing the weather co-operates. I'm betting on sunshine and temps over 50.
Joe
Joe, you had better contact them. They wanted to limit the entries to sedan type classes. They didn't want to handle formula cars specifically so they have similar concerns on a sports racer. Just want to give you a heads up so you have time to check it out.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

John wrote:The Jersey Racing Board

Presents

The March Lion Driving School

New Jersey Motorsports Park

Lightning Course

Saturday, 21 and Sunday, 22 March 2009

anyone planning on attending this event?
Yes John there will be a few of us there.

Matt Green is the Chief Driving Instructor for the PDX. I will be there to assist where I can but my priority is as a driving instructor for the Club Race School. I also intend on having a car to run in the Time Trial on Sunday but that will be time permitting. If South Jesey doesn't get enough experienced help, I said I'd fill in where I could.

I know Matt will need some help with the PDX so any and all offers would be appreciated.

I have recommended the PDX to a couple potential new hillclimbers but I don't know who will show.

There will be plenty of company. If anybody needs any help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Dave Y.
jgrausa
Novice

Post by jgrausa »

Joe, you had better contact them. They wanted to limit the entries to sedan type classes. They didn't want to handle formula cars specifically so they have similar concerns on a sports racer. Just want to give you a heads up so you have time to check it out.

Dave Y[/quote]

Dave:
I will contact them about class eligibility. Following are Time Trial Level 2 eligibility rules from SCCA National and Supps for the event.
National Rules
10.1. CLASSIFICATIONS
The Time Trials program shall use a class structure which will maximize participation potential and enhance local competition. This allows each local series to tailor its classes to suit, so long as the following minimum requirements are met:
• All classes listed in the current GCR (both National and Regional) must be accommodated in Club Trials (Level 2) events. This rule is to allow a place to compete for any car prepared to a GCR class but does not restrict classes from being consolidated because of limited participation.
• All classes listed in the current Solo National Rules must be accommodated
in Club Trials (Level 2) events.

From the Supps for the event:
Open to all cars that are street legal, currently registered vehicles meeting Solo guidelines In addition, cars
classified by the GCR as SCCA club racing and NESCCA approved regional classes ................................

I believe the PDX may be specifically geared towards tin tops, but I'm hopeful I can turn a wheel at the Sunday TT. I will advise the forum of the organizer's response..

Joe
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

All I can say Joe, is that I am VERY familiar with the class eligability rules and how they get placed in the Supps. I had advised them of having to cover the restrictions in the supps so they either changed their minds or forgot to include the restrictions. I just wanted to alert you to what was their original intentions.

The problem they are going to have is that there will be open practice lapping sessions for the time trials. Many of the drivers will be graduates from the PDX. The fear is having Formula cars and sports racers on the track at the same time as Novice drivers. I don't know if their schedule was going to allow seperate sessions for F and SR. I missed the second to last planning meeting and it was not brought up last week.

Dave Y
Fprodget
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 67
Current Racecar: 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera

Post by Fprodget »

I will be interested as well...as I would like to bring out my Crossle formula ford too.
John Holliday
Lancaster PA
86 911 Carrera
jgrausa
Novice

Post by jgrausa »

I heard back quickly from Terry Hanushek (Jersey Racing Board). He has forwarded my eligibility inquiry to Chief Steward for the event - Matt Rowe. Terry explained that Matt is at the SCCA National Convention, so we will probabaly be hearing back from Matt sometime next week. I'll keep the Forum advised.

Regards,
Joe
John
Novice

Post by John »

sure hope they let you run Joe
John
Novice

Post by John »

My wife and I will be working corner @ the upcoming Time Trail Event @ New Jersey Motor Sports Park and hope to see lots of our PHA Friends and Drivers there.
We worked a race weekend there last October on the Lightning Track and it is an AWESOME course as Dave can attest too. :D

See You @ the Track
John & Mary
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

ARE YOU READY TO RACE?

In just 17 days, you could start your first Club Racing School or SCCA F&C Flagging school. In 18 days you could run in your first SCCA PDX (experienced TT drivers can learn something here) or in 19 days you could run your first Time Trial, Test and Tune, learn the NJMP Lighting track or whatever you want to call it.

There is a question about Formula cars and Spec racers running? Simply put, if there are enough that signs up, they will create a run group. it is a matter of numbers. The rest of you...if you are ready to run.. don't wait they only have 30 slots.

Registration is open on DLB. NOT SIGNED UP? go here. http://www.dlbracing.com/Drivers/Login2.aspx

This is just the Time Trials Registration here. http://www.dlbracing.com/drivers/login2 ... tID%3d3827

Remember, this is Level 2! NO ROLL BAR, NO 5 POINT BELTS, NO FIRE SUIT, you need a helmet but not SNELL SA. Yes, you could run Mom's minivan in long sleave shirt and pants and sneakers with a motorcycle helmet. But maybe you want to consider something a little faster. This track is a blast.

Dave Y
jgrausa
Novice

Post by jgrausa »

jgrausa wrote:I heard back quickly from Terry Hanushek (Jersey Racing Board). He has forwarded my eligibility inquiry to Chief Steward for the event - Matt Rowe. Terry explained that Matt is at the SCCA National Convention, so we will probabaly be hearing back from Matt sometime next week. I'll keep the Forum advised.

Regards,
Joe

Heard back from Terry yesterday and following is the text of his message:

"We have reviewed the car eligibility for our Club Trial with Chief Steward Matt Rowe and determined that it is permissible to accept all GCR classes as well as all Solo classes and all Hillclimb classes. You are good to go.
We already had two separate lapping sessions built into the schedule so we will be able to separate cars on slicks from cars on DOT tires with no reduction in track time."

This event provides an excellent opportunity to check out your car for the approaching season. I would encourage all PHA pilots to fill up the drivers list. When an event such as this is successfull, chances are that organizers will offer the event again the following year. Getting in some seat time before Jefferson can be a siginificant advantage in preparation for the PHA Series.

Regards,
Joe