A place to post links to your hillclimbing videos and Pictures

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Weatherly fall08

Post by mrevilracing »

Not my best run but within .5sec I believe.

http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa23 ... fall08.flv

Have any tips...SPEAK UP! I'm not shy and certainly need to drive better so you won't hurt my feelings. I will say that turn 1 was still wet at the end of the day on Sunday. You can see it in the video.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Weatherly fall08

Post by dspgti »

In car videos are always hard to critique. But I will try to take a stab. THAT WAS A VERY GOOD LINE! BUT.....! There are many other factors to take into consideration.

If you tell me that was your very best run and you set a record ! That was great. It might be the best you can do!

On the other hand, if that was a touring run to try the best line, and you were 4 seconds slow? You might have a bit of work to do.

I'm thinking you are getting the jist of this?

Dave Y.
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Re: Weatherly fall08

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Nice job. The lines looked really good in my opinion. The only thing I would suggest would to look at turning in later at almost every turn. If you ever find yourself going into turn one too hot the line in the video can be dangerous. That is one turn that you have to totally commit to either being early and holding it inside like you did,or staying away from the hump in the road and keep wide. After working every turn on that hill for quite a few years then driving it in a MG it is amazing how much I learned and adapted to the Mustang. No matter how much power you have, staying to the outside of those turns will carry more momentum witch in turn means less wheel spin and more power in reserve. If you turn in later in turn 2 you can almost hold the wheel totally strait from the exit of 2 to the turn in point at the wall. Just like in drag racing every time you move the steering wheel you are losing time.
The foundation you are starting with is solid, nice work!
#30 A-Sedan Mustang