EVENT LOGISTICS WEBSITE AID

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Tom Styczynski
Novice

EVENT LOGISTICS WEBSITE AID

Post by Tom Styczynski »

I am a relative new participant in PHA events so I have had the same questions posed on the forum page before an event. Questions include where should I stay; where can I park the trailer; how are the pits organized; where is a parts store?

I know that there is a wealth of information that is both valuable and available from seasoned competitors. This information is often passed on by conversation. I was wondering if the association has ever attempted to organize this information as part of the website?

I see a lot of advantages including positive publicity for PHA events, exposure for local motels/restaurants and, possibly, discounts to participants/workers.

The format could be based on the following outline:

Event Location Details – Each will include Inspection link to map/driving instructions
- Location of pre-event Registration and Tech
- Location of starting line
- Location of pit area
- Course
- Recommended viewing areas and how to get to these areas

Accommodations
- Camping – (w/map/links (if required))
- Local Hotels – (w/links)

Event Logistics
- Trailer Parking/Storage
- Overnight
- Day of Event
- Pit Parking Restrictions
- Special Events
- Locally sponsored Saturday Night dinners
- Other
- Local Restaurants
- Photographers offering event coverage
- Local Auto Parts Sources
- Helpful tips

If there is interest I could develop ths proposal then ask the association for inputs. Since the post season punch list on the Bugeye looks small I could even take a stab at organizing the data so it could be formated for the website.

Any comments?
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Event Logistics

Post by Joe Foering »

Patron Saint of lost causes, huh?
I for one, think it's a great idea!
Why don't you bring it up at the 3pm meeting on 11/18/06 before the PHA Banquet at the Morgantown Holiday Inn? (shameless plug)
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

Tom that sounds great. I know that being a rookie this year at all the hills something like this would have been helpful. For instance if I had known that the pit area at Duryea was at the bottom and trailers at the top I would have packed things differently to make that work better.

Also the local restruants would be nice since it can sometimes be hit-or-mis when you are in an unfamiliar town. Oh and coming from a state where you can buy beer and liquor in the same private run store, a location of beer dist and state liquor stores would be nice 8)

Now you know where my priorities are! :roll:

Thanks,
Brian
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Tom,

As the PHA web master I would welcome any help you would like to offer on collecting and organizing the data. When I first setup the pages for the individual courses the intention was to have the individual event organizers customize the pages to reflect what they wanted. That hasn't progressed any at this point so perhaps a new strategy is in order.

One approach you may consider is refining the list of information through comments on this site and then starting a new topic for each hill requesting people provide their favorite places of tidbits and facts.
~Matt Rowe
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

What an outstanding idea. Don't forget to mention the advertisers as preferred vendors.
Dave Yeager, EL&M Auto Recycling, S. Jersey
H/P Rabbit GTI, National Club Racing
ITC Scirocco, Regional CR, Time Trials
MKIII Golf, LeMons/Chump car
V1 TR4, Vintage/ Historic
Formula SAE, SOLO II
V1 Sprite
500 Late Model Parts Cars
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Great idea Tom!! And Matt has a great idea as well.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

I'll try my hand at setting up a page for one of our events using Tom's request as a guide. We can then run my attempt up the flag pole and see who salutes. If we don't like it, we can make changes until we have something that's useful. Once we get it right for one event, we can follow the template for all of them.
#7 ITC
Tom Styczynski
Novice

Post by Tom Styczynski »

Thanks for the positive response. I will move forward.

First, I will post a similar message requesting input in the HILLCLIMB EVENT INFO and GENERAL sections of the forum. This will get more exposure to the general membership.

Second I will put together a note for the race directors requesting event information and insight.

Based on the response I will organize the information so I could play with format.

Then I can work with John Champ on an page format.

Thanks again for the response. I will keep you informed on progress.
Tom Styczynski

#TBD Lotus 7A
The Oregon division of the Motorworks at Saint Judes

TO GET TO THE TOP YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Thanks for taking on the project Tom. Keep us informed, don't be afraid to ask for help and let me know what I can do to help with the website portions.
~Matt Rowe