"Only Moderators can Reply"

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Roy
Novice

"Only Moderators can Reply"

Post by Roy »

I tried to reply to Rich's request in the wanted forum for a local supplier of 6061-T6. The forum told me that only moderators could reply.

BTW, Rich, if you've got tons of money, Bethlehem Aluminum (which oddly enough is in Allentown) has just about everything. But man, they are expensive.

There is a place north of Reading called LB Metals (I think) that is like a huge junkyard with TONS of aluminum, and the cost is "scrap rate". I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at the stuff they have.

Couldnt find any box tubing, though (I was trying to find some to make a welding table)
1989 Suzuki Swift Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Aluminum

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Roy,

Thanks for the reply, I will check them out.

Rich
JekylandHyde
Novice

Post by JekylandHyde »

Yeah I just a had the same issue.
I wanted to reply to someone's for sale thread and I could not do it?!
_____________Sponsorship: Amateur Motorsports_____________

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning" ~ Bill Gates
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

The for sale ads ar set up so that all replies should be made privately to the seller. You can either use the private message feature of the Forum or any contact information they provide in their ad.
~Matt Rowe
Roy
Novice

Post by Roy »

thats silly. What if a buyer asks a very common question to the seller? This allows the community to see commonly asked questions, rather than forcing the seller to retype the same answer 10 times.
1989 Suzuki Swift Racecar
2000 Subaru Impreza RS
2004 Dodge Ram 1500
2006 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Roy, in all of the other for sale adds I've seen it is far more common to see any exchange turn into an essentiall two person conversation regarding payment or shipping details. Or a discussion of which part is better than the one being sold or so on. If the seller wants to they can always edit their message to answer a common question.
~Matt Rowe