UpHill newsletter

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

UpHill newsletter

Post by Nelson »

Dale has offered me a section on the website to do monthly or bimonthly issues of the UpHill, the PHA newsletter.
For those that haven't noticed there was no newsletter this past spring. The reason for this was lack of participation.

A newsletter can not be written only by the person putting it together. For the last issue in the fall (the 11th year), I only had two people who sent me anything and no one else seemed the least bit interested. There was only one person who questioned why there was no spring issue.

So, if you would like to see issues on the web page on a regular basis, let me know. Either see me at an event, send me an email or post here. Remember that I just don't need people to read it, I need people to contribute (articles, pictures, complaints (no personal attacks)).
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: UpHill newsletter

Post by Matt Rowe »

I hesitate to suggest this as I don't have the time to do it but...

A good idea for a column would be a series of articles on different classes. Maybe an intro that explains the overall structure such as differences between GCR, Solo and our own unique classes. And then follow on articles that talk about more specifics. It also would be a great reference to point new people to. Some of our more "energized" members could volunteer to write on specific sections such as Jeremy could tackle street driven Solo classes? Dave on Prod and maybe GT?
~Matt Rowe
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: UpHill newsletter

Post by dspgti »

This concept has a lot of potential.
I might even accept the challenge. Although I'd be more comfortable with Improved Touring and Production. GT is a little more specialized.
In most of the divisional racing series, they have what they call a Drivers Rep for the classes. He (or she) is the go to guy to answer questions about the specifics of class rules, division and region regulations and series rules(like MARRS, JRRS,NARRC, NERRS etc.).
We have tried to get started with a mentor program and other attempts at giving advise to new potential entrants but I don't think we have done too well. I am all for a new approach.
So now I have to write a detailed explaination of getting involved with Time Trials in the Production class? Can you get volunteers for Improved Touring? GT? I'll take more than one if nobody else steps up for those classes but plead for someone else.

Dave Y