PHA Logo

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

PHA Logo

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

First off, the new website is great! It is modern, has a clean look and user friendly.

The only suggestion/comment I have is regarding the PHA logo. The PHA logo was an integral part of old the website. The logo visually depicts hillclimbing and was clearly identifiable on the old website. The PHA logo is our identity just like Coke, Pepsi, and other national products rely on their logos for product identification. On the new website the PHA logo is so small you can barely read what is under "PHA". It is also so small it really is lost and does not make a "logo statement".

Could the PHA logo be made bigger?
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice

Re: PHA Logo

I guess no one cares about the new website having the minuscule PHA logo in the top left corner which you need a magnifying glass to decipher. If that is the case, perhaps we should not be required to place 2 PHA logo stickers on our race cars.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Mary Anne, do you want my help to stir things up? I can do that you know. :roll:

I think you made a good point and didn't need any help. But if you think I should say something argumentative, I'm sure I can come up with something. 8)

Oh! wait a minute, perhaps I should have said "I'll say something supportive". But that would be out of my character. :oops:

Dave Y
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

I actually loved the old site with the PHA logo splashed all around.
My daughter told me that was old fashioned and not the way things are done today.
I really did like the look and feel of the old site.
Am I surprised that I am old fashioned! darn
The logo we have was made as large as I could fit. The original image is not very sharp.
I want to add more images of the warning sign with the curve on it too.
I have been looking for suggestions and content, see me at Weatherly and we can discuss what you like and how to present it.
Better bring me some content too! Or, send me some emails with content to DLWit@comcast.net I am still looking for a guinea pig for the driver profiles?
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice

Mary Anne Fieux wrote:It is modern, has a clean look and user friendly.
Mary Anne Fieux wrote:the minuscule PHA logo in the top left corner .
Dale,
Perhaps you read too fast. I'm not looking for an old fashioned website with the PHA logo used as wallpaper, rather just the current PHA logo being made larger.
Mazdahead wrote:The original image is not very sharp.
I've worked both as a webmaster and graphic artist as subtitles to my career title, so I have a smidgen of knowledge about this subject. Smidgen is key word, it wasn't my career. There are ways to crisp up an image, or better yet maybe someone has an "original" of the PHA logo?
Mazdahead wrote:I am still looking for a guinea pig for the driver profiles?
Oink, oink, not me..... 8)

See you at Weatherly,
Mary Anne
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Mazdahead
Novice

Post by Mazdahead »

This mostly the issue I have, no content!
I believe the content I am being given is getting onto the site.
Rich Rock is about the only one supplying me with anything.
It would be nice if one of the Northeast folks would contact me so I can get their events publicized.
I add the links to the sites as I see them appear on other sites, the forum, and what is sent to me.

This is the best logo I have been given.
Anyone have a copy of the original artwork?

Still looking for anything from Jefferson.
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

I can definitely sympathize with our new webmaster as this has always been the biggest problem in developing this site, or any. Please, everyone ideas are great but content is what is really needed.

As for the logo I had the same problem. Ideally we could get a true graphics version of the logo which is infinitely scaleable. Typically they are used by professionals for t-shirts or decals so maybe our merchandise experts can help out? Gordon? Carol?
~Matt Rowe
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Wasn't it Chuck Christ who coordinated the purchase of the most recent run of PHA decals? That company might still have the artwork file for the logo.
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice

Rich Rock wrote:Chuck Christ who coordinated the purchase of the most recent run of PHA decals?
I will ask Chuck about this. He's in the garage right now working on a customer’s '77 Vette. I know the person who did the PHA decals was Frank Clarici's dad. Frank recently passed away , he was an icon in the Spridget community. We went to his funeral, Frank was only 56 and sadly he died of a heart attack while he was working on a new shed for his grandson's vintage bicycles. Frank was not only a avid Spridget man and overall cool dude, he was a carpenter by trade and worked on a variety of "stuff" from neighbors and friends...to Bruce Springsteen's "stuff". Frank was a man of honor.

Enough of sad stuff. I will ask Chuck to contact Frank's dad and see what graphics are or are not available to help out the mini PHA logo.

Don't get me wrong. Content IS VERY important, but Pepsi, Coke, NASCAR, cigarette companies and the like would be nowhere without their logos. Also, the professional work I conducted while working in New Jersey would be nowhere without logos. Identity is also VERY important, you should be able to spot a logo and think "PHA". Traditionally this is a marketing goal. Hook them with the content when they know who you are.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
crusaderchuck
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 251
Current Racecar: H/M sports racer "brand-X" , '60 saab 93F #251, ex DC. region H/P "sudar" '59 bugeye ,ex disney '60 saab 93F

Post by crusaderchuck »

back from vette work, Mary Anne updated me. i will try to help out here.

for your information i have done the last two batches of stickers. i'll contact the printer and ask him for what ever he has and if it will be of use. he did a lot of work cleaning up the early screen printed logo he originally scanned.

chuck
Charles F. Christ Sr.
1960 SAAB 93F #251
1967 H/M Sports Racer "Brand X"
1959 DC Region (RIP David Rothel) Bugeye "SUDAR" #1
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice

Perhaps whoever got the PHA tee shirts done could check too?
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Mazdahead
Novice

Post by Mazdahead »

Nelson Kase supplied me with a pretty decent image file for the Logo.
It needs a little clean up, but looks very useable.
The images for the curves street signs, the eat/sleep/drive sticker I have seen would be nice to have too.
Anything at all will help.
I have been in contact with Ron Mann and plan on meeting with him at Weatherly to discuss the history portion and how to make his stuff more available online. His work is very important to the PHA.
I really appreciate all the content from Jefferson. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to add it all.
There will be video links and pictures added very shortly.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Mazdahead wrote: Rich Rock is about the only one supplying me with anything.
And that hasn't been much! I should be able to help with some of the other logos, though. Talk to me at Weatherly if I don't get it to you before then.

Never occurred to me that the PHA logo should be more prominent. I don't have any problem with the current size. One thing I don't much care for, however, is having the "class picture" on the main page. I think it would be more appropriate in the photos section. I much prefer what seems to be developing, a slide show of the race cars.

Rich Rock
Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Post by Dogpatch »

JUST GOT BACK FROM GIANTS AND A LITTLE LATE SEEING THIS THREAD. WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL EPS OF THE PHA LOGO. THE LOGO WAS REDRAWN A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FOR OUR CLUBS LOGOED PRODUCTS. JUST TELL ME WHERE TO SEND IT.

KURT
DSR08
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

Hi all,

Is anyone working on the missing image of PHA logo here in the forum? The address link to image needs to be changed to where it is located. I have a webhosting server business for the past couple of years too.

I would be happy to host PHA website at no cost to the organization if you so choose. I would give you your own cPAnel interface which is very easy to use if you haven't seen one before. The migration of the site and forum is pretty straightforward also. You can have as much space on the server as you need. Let me know.
Regards,

Tim Royer