Website issues

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Website issues

Post by mrevilracing »

Here are some issues I have found with the website that need to be addressed:

New Driver tab
– Link for the SCCA time trials rules doesn’t work.
Courses tab
– There is no link or description for Polish Mountain.
– Under Giants Despair, the ‘handy form’ link is for 2006.
– Rose Valley is the only hill that has a link for course records.
Schedule and Results tab
– Need the 2010 schedule moved above the 2009 schedule.
Newsletter tab
– No link for the Fall Uphill
Photo Album tab
– Photo album has a critical error.
Links tab
– Hillclimb Drivers and Owners Association link does not work.
Contacts tab
– Rich Sweigart is no longer the treasurer.
Sponsors tab
– The 1st sentence at the top of the page refers to 2006 Giants Despair. The handy form link also refers to 2006.
– Cambell Kautter Insurance Association, Inc link is not working.
– Carriage Craft link is not working.
– Stoudt Auto Sales link is not working.
– Valley Chevrolet link takes you to kenwallace.com but requires you to log in. Not working in my opinion.
– Yarnell’s Equipment Company link not working.
– The above listed links should be deleted from the PHA site.
Hall of Fame tab
– Stops at 2007. Needs to be updated.
2006 Champions tab
– Needs to be updated to 2009 Champions.

I hope the PHA board will seriously consider updating this website. Whether that means overhauling the current one or having a new one completely redesigned, it needs to be done.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: Website issues

Post by Matt Rowe »

First, I'm glad someone is paying attention, although I wish you would have put this up earlier in the holiday weekend when I had more time.

Second, pay attention to the comments below. Some things are easy fixes, others I need input for. Anyone is welcome to help round up info.
mrevilracing wrote:Here are some issues I have found with the website that need to be addressed:

New Driver tab
– Link for the SCCA time trials rules doesn’t work. Matt: This is an easy one to fix, at least until the 2010 book is released.
Courses tab
– There is no link or description for Polish Mountain. Matt: The event chairman are responsible for their hills content. If someone from Polish would like to provide info I'll be happy to include it. I will update the mapand list
– Under Giants Despair, the ‘handy form’ link is for 2006. Matt: Any input from the event chairman or host region?
– Rose Valley is the only hill that has a link for course records. Matt: I need copies of the other records in order to post them, excel format is preferable.
Schedule and Results tab
– Need the 2010 schedule moved above the 2009 schedule. Matt: Now that 2009 is over that is easily done
Newsletter tab
– No link for the Fall Uphill Matt: Hmm, missed that one. Another easy fix
Photo Album tab
– Photo album has a critical error. Matt: Photos can be posted through the forums where most people routinely look anyway. The old album was not user friendly or easy to administer and not worth reviving, especially since the album is corrupted and unsalvageable. If the current forum system is not acceptable we could look at other options but it seems Ron is making great use of the forum for photos.
Links tab
– Hillclimb Drivers and Owners Association link does not work. Matt: Will remove
Contacts tab
– Rich Sweigart is no longer the treasurer. Matt: Need Bill Weaver's contact info
Sponsors tab Matt: Obviously needs major updating here. In the past this was based on the Banquet sponsors. Can our sponsorship chair help or the banquet committee?
– The 1st sentence at the top of the page refers to 2006 Giants Despair. The handy form link also refers to 2006.
– Cambell Kautter Insurance Association, Inc link is not working.
– Carriage Craft link is not working.
– Stoudt Auto Sales link is not working.
– Valley Chevrolet link takes you to kenwallace.com but requires you to log in. Not working in my opinion.
– Yarnell’s Equipment Company link not working.
– The above listed links should be deleted from the PHA site.
Hall of Fame tab Matt: Need the list and pictures for 2008 and 2009
– Stops at 2007. Needs to be updated.
2006 Champions tab
– Needs to be updated to 2009 Champions. Matt: Need list and pictures for 2007, 2008, 2009. Preferably driver (at banquet) and car

I hope the PHA board will seriously consider updating this website. Whether that means overhauling the current one or having a new one completely redesigned, it needs to be done.
Not sure why you are suggesting a completely new site. Aside from the updates mentioned above is there something people think we are missing?

While I can still assist in the mechanics of updating the site, I can not create content and update old data. I could certainly use some help from people in those areas. If PHA chooses to have a new site designed that will be even more critical.
~Matt Rowe
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Thanks Matt. Looks like you've addressed all the issues. Just need that information you've requested.

Could someone please get Bill Weaver's contact info to Matt....unless he doesn't want it published.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Might not matter too much at this time, since Bill has said he does not wish to continue as Treasurer. John Pitman is the only one who has been nominated to replace him so far.

Having said that, I will talk to Bill about getting his contact info on the site...

Rich Rock, PHA VP