Trouble with this site??????????

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Trouble with this site??????????

Post by Mwilson »

Have noticed the last couple of weeks that clicking onto this site takes forever. Many times I get an error and need to go back in. When I click on a tiopic it also takes forever to load. I have no problems with other sites just PHA forum. Anyone else having a similar problem? I know my computer is clean and I have no problems with any other site. Could it be all the pictures that have been placed on the various topics. I am running Comcast high speed internet access and absolutely have no problems with any other site.
tupdegrove
Novice

Re: Trouble with this site??????????

Post by tupdegrove »

Morgan,

With high-speed internet, I too experience pages loading real slow just from this site.

Tim Updegrove
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

Tim,
Thanks I was sure it wasn't my computer. Now all we have to do is find out what the problem is.
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

I think Matt Rowe alluded to a new server and some attendant problems in getting it up and running, but that was a while ago and I'm still having problems also.
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

yada, yada, yada...

I hate computers. they suc...

the web site suc....

When does our life get simple???????

At least we can log on. So what if we can't post pictures! The last site was worse. Maybe we could get up to the 21st century??? Not counting on it!

Want to talk to me??? Don't send an IM. I*'ll never get it!!!

Dave Y
dspgti@aol.com
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

This is the message I get every fourth or fifth sign on.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
Diagnose Connection Problems

More information

First I am connected to the internet.
Second there is no typing error because my address for the forum is saved in my favorites.
DA, THE WEBSITE IS ENCOUNTERING PROBLEMS. "BINGO"
Can't we either address the problem or get a new provider that has a site that we can post pictures on and don't have to go Thu the aggravation of having these constant problems???????
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

I have noticed there are updates available from the originating site http://phpBB.com which is located on the bottom of this page. Take a look at it, and maybe someone can figure out what's wrong with this one. Maybe an update needs to be applied to this.

Dave. Y Regarding your comment about Yada Yada Yada, etc......I've given up on submitting photos to a photo album, many people enjoyed looking at them like awards winners at the PHA banquets, FTD's etc. I'm no professional like Tim U or John P is and won't try to be; but sometimes I am in the right place at the right time and want to share them with everyone.

I sympathize with those who frequent this forum and are unable to post to it without frustration.

Linda
Last edited by PitCrewLinda on Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

I have the same problem Linda. There has to be something that can be done.
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

The recent issue Morg refers to is not specific to the forum, it is a web hosting issue in which the server is slow to respond. I will put a trouble ticket into the hosting service to check into it.

The photo album site is up and working, unless someone has had trouble with it in the last 3-4 days.

As for Dave's reference to problems on this forum he has alluded to this in the past before the upgrade over Xmas. That update should have addressed the issue that most people were having with posting and I have asked for feedback to see if people are continuing to have trouble. That feedback needs to be specific so that I can help figure out the problem. For instance in order to receive and instant message Dave you would have to have you AOL IM information setup in your user profile.
~Matt Rowe
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

Matt,
Wow didn't realize that the photo page was up and running. GREAT FIX Thanks a bunch.
tupdegrove
Novice

Post by tupdegrove »

Not complaining, just passing along information. For me, the PHA site is fast if I click one of the links along the left-hand side (News, Courses, Links, etc). So far so good. However, what is slow is the Forum. As soon as I click Forum, then the wait begins. Anything inside the forum (selecting a group, selecting a topic, etc) is slow.
Joe Foering
Novice

Post by Joe Foering »

virtually every time I submit a reply or respond to a pm I have to log in again!
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

that happens to me as well Joe!! My email address is on the contacts page if anyone would like to contact me.
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Wow! I thought the Forum's ease and speed was just great! Guess that's just because I drive the big orange SAAB. :wink:

Seriously, I have had the same problems with the Forum being slow and getting booted off as soon as I log into the Forum. A little trick that works for me is patience. It appears that after I log in and try to navigate somewhere, I will get booted off. If I wait and let the man behind the green curtain do his tricks inside the computer and I get "fully get logged on", I don't get booted off. As it is with "turnin' in", timing is everything.

There are definitely improvements with the PHA website! I never was able to log on via AOL, now I can. I know caring for a website can be a thankless job, so here I go.....THANKS MATT! I think I can speak for most of us in thanking you for maintaining the PHA website and resovling the different issues as they come along! :D
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

To those people having issues with login times is this a recent thing in the past couple of weeks? Or longer?

What browser are you using?

Any other patterns that you have noticed? For example it is more of an issue at a certain time of day?
~Matt Rowe
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

Matt,
I've only noticed this problem for the past two days. So far, today, the only thing I've noticed is I have had to sign in twice just to be able to post this reply. My browser is the current version of I.Explorer
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

Matt,
I to have the current version of IE. I have noticed this at all times of the day and this has been going on for at least two weeks, maybe longer. For example when I saw that there was a post on this topic and clicked on to view it, I waited for at least 30 seconds or more for it to come up. When I reply and hit submit on many occasions I get an error message and need to type the reply over again. Hope this helps.
reddodge85
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: own the Neon driven by Donald DeHart and Crystal Whisler.

Post by reddodge85 »

For once I'm not having troubles with this site. All my issues are with my Dodge site.
Joe Foering
Novice

Post by Joe Foering »

My problems have been similar to Morgs...slow to and on the forum, lose site after reply or pm, i.e. have to login-again, 2-3 wks?
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

I have noticed it being extremely slow. I have a cable line and a nice gaming pc. I typically run in the 80ms - 130ms lag time within the Warcraft game. That is extremely taxing on a system both in the amount of data being downloaded and uploaded as well as the load being put on the pc itself. BUT, just going from board to board or thread to thread...yikes! As a matter of fact, I went to post a reply here and had to relog.

I understand this is a free site. So, by it's nature, we won't get instant downloads. But it does seem mighty slow. The mach1registry.com site is very active and most of it's threads are all but instant in access and it is a free site.

A word to the wise, if you are planning to go check out the Warcraft site, be SURE your anti-virus/anti-spyware software is up to date. Simply clicking on a picture could put a key logger on your pc. Or a trojan program.

Thanks for getting the picture portion up and running correctly. I was able to post a very nice shot of the Mach with all 4 off the ground.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!