Trouble with this site??????????

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

jerdeitzel
Novice

Re: Trouble with this site??????????

Post by jerdeitzel »

I am also using IE and it boots me off the first few times i log in. It has been like this for a while.
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

i"m sorry Matt, this site really suc.... Have we heard enough complaints yet???
SLOW, double log ins, never responds to postings, etc. etc etc.

Whass up!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

I can't even log in with the FireFox browser on a friends computer.

Seem to be missing sent/received PM's. It will say there is a msg, and when I go to the inbox there is nothing.. or people haven't received ones I have sent.

But I do have the log in issue while on AOL/IE on my PC.

My phone however, has no issues.
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

I have made some adjustments to the site to address some of these issues. Please let me know if you continue to have problems. As before be specific to help track down what the problem is.
~Matt Rowe
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

SHUT IT DOWN AND FIX IT
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Never Mind! Life is Good! Point, Click, Send! Maybe computers are good! :|

Until the next episode!

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Okay, we are starting to have problems again! For the third time in three days, I have typed a reply, the message says my reponse has been sent and ???? It disappears. Just a few minutes ago I made a response to Rich Rocks posting on the Rollcage thread, hit send and some reply from Tim Murphy shows up that has nothing to do with this thread.

Like I said this is the 3rd time. When it happens once, it's my fault, twice, I pay a lot closer attention to what I'm doing. Three times, okay, even I'm not that stupid. Something is going wrong....again.

Dave Y
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

Dave,
When you make as many posts as you do about roll cages the computer finally recogonizes that its all a bunch of BULL S--T and deletes the post. Try sending a positive post about something nice and I bet it goes thru. :D
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Okay, I'll take your advise, Morg. I'm "POSITIVE" that more than just a roll bar in most hillclimb race cars is good for our sport. How "NICE" would it be if everyone would agree and comply without having to institute restrictive rules.

Dave Y.
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Damn Morg,
You were right! I didn't use the word R...C... and I used the words positive and nice and it went through fine. Now I just have to figure out how to include that in every post. That is going to be a challenge.

By the way, the site was down about 30 minutes. I think somebody was in trying to resolve the problem. Let's hope it worked and I'm free to let it fly again. :wink:

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

It happened again! Why do we have such a second rate site? I just get sick of one failure after another.
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Yep, just happened to me. I went to reply to you and it went and told me Internet Explorer couldn't display the page. Nice.

I think the problem, Dave, is your long winded responses. My guess is that all that wind flowing thru the server is either tripping some breaker, blowing circuits or freezing the hard drives. I would suggest maybe typing and submitting 1 line at a time. You could really get your post count up and surpass Adam very easily.

Hehehe.....
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

You are right, my response was long winded. And I didn't stick to my plan of "positive" and "nice" and not use the R...C... word.
I should have known. That'll teach me. :roll: Little do they know that when I show my temper and slash out indiscrimently, I only become more determined to carry on the quest. :evil:

Dave Y.
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Is anyone else getting an Adode Error Message on this site? I get it on both my computers and even after I got an Adobe Update and down loaded it.

I can copy the message here if anyone thinks they can help.

Dave Y.
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

I am and also Norton Security keeps saying they protected me from some attack-only on the forum. Maybe the site needs a little attention and "fixing".
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Yep, I get the same thing here at work. Matt, I am wondering if those bots are in on this? I haven't kept track of whether I get that msg and they are present or not. And while typing this, I just got an Adobe error.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

So let me understand this. You are getting an Adobe error on the forum, not the main site?

There is no PDF content on the forum and so no reason Adobe should be opened/activated/started.

If the problem is on the main site please let me know exactly which page it is. The easiest way is to send me the address of the page.

Now, on to the next problem. What is the Norton "attack" message and again what page are you viewing when you see this?
~Matt Rowe
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

YES. The Adobe error is coming from the forum. I was getting it at work but not on my home pc. I may have an outdated version of Adobe. Maybe a security risk, not sure. I am not running Norton so Joe has to answer that. Joe........???
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

duuuuh, what? I dunno, maybe? I guess? What the f--- you talking about? :?

I just want to read, think about it for half a second and make a stupid reply. Am I at the right place? :shock:

To err is human.... (computers just screw it up because they are controlled by illogical humans), To forgive is... (not within my nature)...
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Do you ever stop and think about the people that spend their lives trying to spoil the excange of information and the advancement of technology? Those that try to distroy files, data basses and entire information systems just for the fun of it? Those that spend entire careers trying to steal information that they might have the intellenge to aquire for themselves?

Na, me neither.

I've lost my temper for a minute or two and then I get on with my life. I for one think my life is more satisfying and fullfilling than theirs. At least my goal isn't to inflict pain on others (although, maybe I should tone down my sarcasm).

And that is just the tip of Why I Hate Computers,
Dave Y.