Trouble with this site??????????

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Trouble with this site??????????

Post by dspgti »

I don't know if anyone esle is having problems but I am having trouble logging in, very slow responses and have been kicked out 4 times after posting a response. I am sending a message to Matt R. but just wanted to know if I'm alone here.

Dave Y
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Well, I thought it was ZoneAlarm(my firewall) slowing me down. However, I've shut it down and I get the same slow response. Not sure what that's all about. Matt, could you take a look and see what's up please.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Post by Mwilson »

With ALL the posts, pictures, videos, and "CHIT CHAT" is it any wonder this site is slow :!:
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Oh, heck. This site gets ZERO posts compared to some. We're over 1,000,000 posts since fall 2002 on the Mach 1 board. There are a multitude of pictures. The real question is, should we upgrade to another server? We can ask Matt when he gets back from the Convention. It's probably just a simple thing.

I think the server is just as baffled as I am over Ron Mann's historical perspective and knowledge. Simply priceless.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Svtperformance.com

Threads; 558,830

Posts; 7,764,347

Members; 82,236

Hosts their own pics/vids and thousands of links to various pics and videos.. What we do here in a week, they do in a day and it runs perfectly smooth. I think it's our servers...
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

There have been a few issues with the hosting company, both software and hardware. If it continues I will be recommending a change in hosting companies to PHA.
~Matt Rowe
dspgti
Novice
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

I've been fly'n lately. I guess we just have to keep after them.
Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Okay, maybe I should have not used the term fly'n. What I see is, if there is one or two others signed on, it really slows down. It seems if two are on the same thread, it really slows down even further, and if anyone is on the same thread and trying to post, one of them is going to get kicked off.

Just my observations.

Dave Y
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

Ever since the index disappeared for a few days I have not been receiving notifications of posts on the topics I am following; can't this be corrected. I tried reregistering but I'm already registered. HELP!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

I've tried rebuilding the database file, so if that hasn't corrected the problem there is nothing more that I can do.

Unfortunately you can either re-watch the topics or check back frequently and look at the "New Posts" feature.
~Matt Rowe
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Has everybody looked at the current point standings? Do you see all the updated results? Are the Giants points showing in the Class Championship spread sheet?

For some reason, I can't see it. I can see the other sheets like the Overall and LGA has all the Giants updates. I have tried both AOL and Explorer. I can veiw it at home with Kate's log on but not mine. Wus up widat?
Also, I don't get any notifications any more when someone posts a reply to my posts. I have verified that I requested a notification. Wus up widat? I get notified on PM's.

Did I ever tell you how I hate computers? I know, It's not the computer, it's the operator.

Dave Y
dspgti
Novice

Post by dspgti »

Never Mind. Kate found the problem. For some reason both of my computers keep reverting back to not allowing the pages to be automatically updated. Now I know what to do when it happens again. I think I said that the last time?

Dave Y
Shermanhip
Novice

Trouble with this site

Post by Shermanhip »

I know about the IE compatibility issues with some sites. Being a network administrator for many years, I didn’t feel that this was the issue that I am experiencing. I took your suggestion anyway. It did not work The problem that I have is when I go to post the site and apply the post the site informs me that I am not logged in. I have been experiencing the problem for about two weeks. Could this be a problem with my login script or my profile in general?