Drivers/Vehicle list?

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

Drivers/Vehicle list?

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

How about a Driver(s)/Vehicle(s) profile section?

Have a pic of the driver(s) with the car(s), a biography on the driver and a breakdown of modifications done to the vehicle?

I know the first thing I thought of when I first learned of the PHA was, I don't have the mods to do it. Then, coming here and checking out the site I learned that, hey, you can do it with an almost stock vehicle.

Not only that, if someone like a magazine person happened to stumble across the website (hint hint) have to ask a member such as maybe I dunno, myself (hint hint :wink: :wink: ) what kinda cars run, what are the specifics of the cars etc etc. If ( :wink: :wink: ) they happend to ask me, I really don't know those answers as I don't know many of you or even what your driving...
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Re: Drivers/Vehicle list?

Post by Mwilson »

Dude you have entirely way toooooo much time on your hands. :?
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Yea I do actually have a lot of time on my hands.....

But in speaking to my former boss who is now a writer at one of the major magazines out there, about joining me at an event or two and maybe doing an article, I recieved this in return;
Sure there is a definite possibility on covering an event, it for sure looks interesting and worth checking out. The YT (YouTube, refering to links I've sent him) videos look like it would be insane to drive. Just don't go doing anything stupid. (insert nonsense about my car here) How many of the cars are Chevy's? Chevy Powered? Is there anywhere I can see info on the cars themselves? Drivers? (Insert more nonsense here)
So with that being said, someone with a chance at getting the PHA some good ink is talking with me about joining me for an event or two and I figured I'd relay it. Just in my (sometimes non) humerous non-direct kinda way... this is why I suggested the above in my opening post. When the time comes that he's sure he can do the write-up I'll pass him on to the person(s) he would need to speak to about doing so.

Making the site more I dunno, "catchy" to someone such as a writer. Or a sponsor, the more they get to see what there actually going to be "sponsoring" the more they may be interested in doing so. Instead of Hi, please sponsor us, or write about us. It could be, Here check out our site, we have driver pics & profiles, videos and some behind the scenes type things. That's why I suggested a Vehicle/Driver profile, that the public may view. If the mag happens to cover an event, they will be listing the website in the article, and I'm pretty sure it'll get some hits.

Until then it's just empty promises on my part and I understand that. None of you here know me from a hole in the wall. But take my word, when I get "into" something, I get INTO it. Get as deeply involved as I can. Helping, volunteering, ideas... etc etc. I don't have much else to do to be honest..so yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands when it comes to things I enjoy. :D
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

I was only joking about all your posts. I only wish I had the time you do. Having new ideas is great but the key is getting someone that has the time to implement them. It sounds like you might just be that person. Keep up the good work. And as a good friend of mine once told me 5 years ago when I joined the ranks, "WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF THE CRAZIES." :wink:
ktaggart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 66
Current Racecar: Tigger II Formula Super Vee

Post by ktaggart »

And believe me when I say you are competing with Morg for the "most time on your hands" while still being gainfully (?) employed. Morg is "retired on active duty" :lol:

Ken
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

ktaggart wrote:And believe me when I say you are competing with Morg for the "most time on your hands" while still being gainfully (?) employed. Morg is "retired on active duty" :lol:

Ken
I work for the state, so I think I've still got em beat on spare time :lol: Plus, I can read the site from my phone. I'm no longer able to post from it since the update though :evil: .

As for my post's, this site is the lowest count I've had in years. One site I'm at like 2-3k posts, all the others I'm almost at 1k lol... Those I can post on all day from work lol.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Mwilson
Novice

Post by Mwilson »

NJ 03Mach1 wrote:
I work for the state, so I think I've still got em beat on spare time
DON"T BET ON IT. :wink:
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

When it comes to spare time, my bet is on Morg. :lol:
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

I think Ihad mentioned this elsewhere but when I set up the new format I included some custom fields in the member profiles where you can list you PHA permanent number and information about your racecar so that is one place.

Another option is to create a new subforum where people can start atopic on their car showing a picture or two, records held, modifications. or whatever else they had in mind.

Finally, we could add a new set of pages to the main site showing people's racecar, the downside to that is updates to those pages would have to go through either myself or an as yet to be named assistant webmaster.

If the profile option doesn't work my next choice would be to use a subforum which would allow everyone to maintain their own information. For better visibility we could place a link on the main website that takes people directly to that topic/section.

So that's my recommendation but what does everyone else think?
~Matt Rowe
timurf
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 109
Current Racecar: 1968 Datsun Roadster

Post by timurf »

I like the maintain-your-own-profile idea whether it is through a subforum or other means.

And whats one more profile? With Myspace, LinkedIn, Facebook, Stalker.com etc. I am becoming an authority on setting up these profile things...
Tim Murphy
68 Roadster
69 Roadster
other Datsuns too