Club, Event Promotion suggestion

Look here for info related to the website. Feel free to post ideas on what you would like to see. Post here if you would like to see another category posted on the forum here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

"Zee" Zaroda
Novice

Club, Event Promotion suggestion

Post by "Zee" Zaroda »

While searching the 'net for travel ideas along the lines of "Things To Do in (name the town, coounty, etc.)" I wondered wouldn't it be a help to our club and its sponsorship desires to get our web site and our localized events listed on popular web-searched travel sites?

I got the idea last weekend when looking for things to do in the Wilkes-Barre area, and, finding no auto racing, settled upon taking my wife to watch the horse & buggy races

As someone who relies upon these regional travel info sites, i'd be especially interested to know what club events might be going on at the times I intend on visiting a particular region, county, town, etc.

But we're not taking advantage of this resource. Why not?

Here, for example, is the one for the Reading, PA area, where, it seems to me, we outta have our Duryea and Pagoda events presented thought a link to the PHA website:

http://www.aboutberks.com/Area%20Attractions.html

Same could be done for Luzerne and Lakawanna counties (giant's Despair), down near Cumberland, MD; Williamsport, etc.

Looks like we just need to email the contact person for each county travel bureau, for example.

We could also get listed on bigger sites like Yahoo! Travel.
2007 Off to annual tech, racing shool, Novice Competitions, and some PA Hillclimb Association Solos.
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Re: Club, Event Promotion suggestion

Post by FV95 »

While I was on vacation in the Keys, John Kelly of North American Pylon called me seeking our schedule and to ask if someone could write some short articles on each of the hills and provice the results. NA Pylon is published in California and covers primariy autocrossing, all over the country, but John expressed specific interest in PHA events.
He sent me two copies of his paper and I am impressed. Lots of news, some very fine technical articles and event results from all over. And the event schedules cover the entire country. I will take the sample issues to the 4/11/09 PHA meeting to pass around.
So, if you think you can write, volunteer, at least for your home region's events, and scribble a few words about the weekend and with the results forward it to : NORTH AMERICAN PYLON, P.O. BOX 1203, PLEASONTON, CA. 94566-0120. If we do this, we should make every effort to cover all events in our series.
John FV95
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Excellent Idea Zee.
I will forward this sugesstion to the Blue Mt Region Publicity Chair person to cover Pagoda and Duryea. In the past we had been included in the Berks Chamber of Commerce publications, but that needs to be done every year to stay in front of them. Another thing we could do is have brochures at the various visitor Bureau.

Dave Y.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I wanted to get the 2009 BMR events listed in the area visitor guide. I went to the visitor center to look into what was required. The primary reason we aren't in the 2009 edition is that it went to print several months before our schedule was finalized. Another example of why we should have our schedule finalized a year ahead of time.

When our poster gets done we'll have it "everywhere". And for those who don't know, starting this year, BMR will be advertising both hillclimbs on the poster, which we plan to have ready for distribution no later than mid-May. In the past, only Duryea got advertised. This means that John Moyer's Mini, which is featured on the poster this year, will get exposure far beyond what has been the norm. Soooo, if you want your car on the poster next year, talk to me!

Rich Rock
BMR Time Trials Chairman
Shermanhip
Novice

Club Event Promotion suggestion

Post by Shermanhip »

Its not for shows as i understand, its just for when youre out and about - I would assume that most of the C2s at shows know about the general C2 sites. C2C did used to have an A5 flyer that we could print out a long time ago, or was the sports club? Someone did anyway