Classes & Fees

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

officialkahlil
Novice
Current Racecar: 199x Miatae

Classes & Fees

Post by officialkahlil »

Hi all,

Hill climb is something I've always wanted to try. I have a current SCCA club race license.

I picked up a 1990 miata with safety equipment for club racing. The car has a jackson supercharger, aftermarket ecu, coil over suspension and a few other mods. It was campaigned in NASA PTE. I'd like to have some fun and making any big changes to the car in 2018.

What hill climb class could this car fit in?

What are the typical fees for a weekend?

How many runs do you get in a typical weekend?
geowit
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 103
Current Racecar: #103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS

Re: Classes & Fees

Post by geowit »

Welcome to the PHA. I'll try to answer some of your questions. As far as class, I would need more information to really determine that. I would say look at the PHA supps for classes that are available. The after market S/C rules out any SCCA GCR class and depending on car prep, probably solo Street Prepared as well. We will have a class for you to compete but we can not guarantee that your car will be competitive in that class.

The cost of a weekend is determined by the hosting region but usually runs in the $150 to $180 range for entry fees. Your SCCA competition license would be acceptable for time trials as well.

Number of runs depends on a lot of variables, length of course, weather, incidents and number of entries. Check the results on the PHA home page to get a feel for that information. For example, at Duryea Hill Climb this year, I believe we only had 5 runs but Polish Mountain had 12 runs.

I hope that answers some of your questions and I'm sure others will offer their advice as well. Good Luck.
Thanks,
Geo.
#103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS
officialkahlil
Novice
Current Racecar: 199x Miatae

Post by officialkahlil »

Hey thanks Geo!

That was very helpful. Seems like a ton of fun. I hope to make an event in 2018.

I don't see a home for this car in the SCCA rules so i guess it will be considered special... S2?

Happy New Year!
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

officialkahlil wrote:Hey thanks Geo!

That was very helpful. Seems like a ton of fun. I hope to make an event in 2018.

I don't see a home for this car in the SCCA rules so i guess it will be considered special... S2?

Happy New Year!
It fits into SMX, think of it as TTU in NASA speak. Look forward to seeing you in 2018
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX