What to get started

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Sledgezx
Novice

What to get started

Post by Sledgezx »

Hey folks,

I am new to all of this and I am looking to climb my 1980's Datsun 280zx but I still want to keep it street legal. Is that possible and what class would I be in? Also not looking to race the circuit (yet) but want to get my feet wet in racing. What are the best climbs for the newbie?

Sledgezx
Rick Kase
Hall of Fame Member

Re: What to get started

Post by Rick Kase »

There would be several classes where this car can run. Go to SCCA.ORG and look up solo classes, in solo there is the street prepared citatory, you should be able to find your car listed. Using street prepared keeps the car more or less stock, you must add a roll bar (min) seat harness and fire extinguisher plus drivers equipment. (a bolt in roll bar is OK).
Look at an entry form for any of this years events (listed on the home page here) you will find a copy of our event supps, giving the rules we go by. This will give you a start.

Continue to post here and you will get any info you need.

Rick Kase
Rick Kase
Hall of Fame Member

Re: What to get started

Post by Rick Kase »

As to which hill? What area are you in, just go an event near you and ask, we are happy to help. Better yet you can work an event and learn all about us.

Rick