New to hill climb and unclear if I need a window net

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

bsmicciche
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 888
Current Racecar: Porsche 914V8

New to hill climb and unclear if I need a window net

Post by bsmicciche »

I am new to hill climb and will be entering my first event this season. I have a Porsche 914 with a 406 v8 in it. I have done numerous track events with the car at most of the local tracks (glen, Pocono, VIR, Summit). It has a cage and after pouring over the rules I think it is properly prepared. I think it will be running in S3 so can anyone answer if I need a window net? Can I use arm restraints in place of the net? Can the roof be left on or must it be removed? Thanks for you help!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: New to hill climb and unclear if I need a window net

Post by Matt Rowe »

Arm restraints are allowed, actually they would be required if the car is open or a targa. Generally we require removable roofs to be removed during competition to avoid the risk of it coming off at high speed or during an incident. There are some allowances if it's securely mounted but the safe answer is to plan on running without the roof.

Since you're new to the group I would strongly suggest trying to connect with one of our tech inspectors in advance to make sure inspection at your first event goes smoothly and allow you to focus on having fun at your first event. There are plenty of them that frequent this board. It would be helpful if you let us know roughly where you live.

Good luck!
~Matt Rowe
bsmicciche
Novice

Post by bsmicciche »

Thanks for the quick reply Matt. I will plan for the roof to be off and arm restraints. I planned on hill climbing a few years back and had the car inspected then but you never know what may have changed since then. Unfortunately some issues came up and I was not able to follow through with participating. I live in East York (near the river) and would welcome any tech advice on the car. I would hate to tow it all the way to an event and then not be able to run because of something simple. Please let me know if any tech people are close to me.
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

If you want to be added to the PHA email mailing list, send an email with your name and email address to phaevent@comcast.net. You will receive all of the entry forms in PDF format.
bsmicciche
Novice

Post by bsmicciche »

Thanks for the tip Nelson. I tried sending an email to phaevent@comcast.net (as suggested) but it will not go through. Can you double check the email address? Thanks!
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

Sorry about that. I forgot the s, phaevents@comcast.net