Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

RS_Fanatic
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 55
Current Racecar: 03 ford focus

Post by RS_Fanatic »

Hey guys! just recently found out about PHA, I've always been into rally racing since I was a wee little lad. I want to put my 2003 ford focus to the test next summer, What should I know? (I've been looking at all the rules and what not, my car would fall under level 1 PDX)
Mark Aubele
Novice

Re: Newbie

Post by Mark Aubele »

I would read the rules again! :lol: Welcome.

Your car with reasonable mods would fall into FSP (with more extensive mods SMF). Basically what you need to run with us safety equipment wise is..

Four point rollbar with diagonal
Five or six point harnesses
Fire extinguisher
Fire suit
SA rated helmet

Just being general. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. What we do falls under Level 4 time trials rules for hillclimbs (I believe Jefferson Circuit is Level 3), so the Level 4 rules would be a good place to start your research. Hope to see you on the hills next year.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
jerdeitzel
Novice

Post by jerdeitzel »

New rules for the SCCA TT program have been approved by the BOD and will go into effect later this month. The new rules should be much easier for you to understand in regards to what the different events are and what is needed for the events. You will still need to search the Solo/Club racing rule books to determine car classing tho.
#88 SM
Mitsubishi evo 8
FV95
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Vector FV, BMW R100R, 914-2.0

Post by FV95 »

Write, or call, the SCCA and request( as in buy {$35.00}) a TIME TRIALS NOVICE PERMIT. Yes, you can get one at registration for our events, but it is just easier and quicker if you have the permit in hand. Unless of course you already have a competition. The novice permit requires that you submit a self medical appraisal, and after three events you apply for a time trial licensee that will require a serious medical by a doctor.
If you can find one of our entry forms, reading the supplemental regs is important.
If you have further questions about licensing, please contact me directly at jjpfoto@earthlink.net
Hope to see on the hills in 2014.
John Pitman, Chief Driving Instructor.