Hillclimb in 2010? alot of ?s though

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Damien
Novice

Hillclimb in 2010? alot of ?s though

Post by Damien »

How you doing everybody? I've been going to the Pagoda and Duryea events for the last 2 years and tried to make Weatherly but had to work. I will be at Duryea this weekend if the rain holds out. I love the hillclimb and I would love to try to get my feet wet next year. Now I have alot of questions.

I know I need to join the SCCA and my region (I live in Allentown) and apply for a novice permit, is there anything I am missing to start racing?

I downloaded all the rules but they are still abit confusing to read, so I have a bunch of questions. Now the car, I have a 97 civic ex, with sunroof. The motor is built stout and is turbocharged, does anyone know what class I would fit in? I would like to try to keep the car street legal but if I can't no big deal. Now depending on the class I fit in, would a 4 pt cage still be allowed? Can I keep the sunroof or do I need to seal it up? I read everything about the personal safety gear, cage padding, arm restraints and fire bottle. Is a cutoff switch required in my class, and where should it be mounted? Exhaust, any recommendations on a high flowing exhaust that meets the decibel level? Anything else anyone thinks is pertinent chime in.

I am just trying to get an idea of what i need so I could budget for it the rest of the year. Thank you for all the info that you share I need it.

Thank you,

Damien
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Hillclimb in 2010? alot of ?s though

Post by mrevilracing »

Track some of us down at Duryea. We can be more helpful when speaking in person for classing. Initially, it sounds as though you would be in street mod. The 4pt bar is sufficient. Personally, a 6pt would be better but the rule only states a 4pt. Read the rule for proper diameter and thickness though. See you at Duryea!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!