Racers With C4 Corvettes

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

JeepCycle
Novice
Current Racecar: 1985 Corvette

2005 Subaru Legacy LGT

Racers With C4 Corvettes

Post by JeepCycle »

I have a C4 Corvette I would like to race. I saw some C4's on some Weatherly Videos and would like to contact them to see haw they prepared their cars to race. I am only interested in the safety equipment/preparations.
timurf
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 109
Current Racecar: 1968 Datsun Roadster

Re: Racers With C4 Corvettes

Post by timurf »

Hi JeepCycle,

The level of safety equip. required is dependant on the level of the modification of the car. Disclaimer - I don't have the SCCA GRC close to hand so I cite from memory. And my memory aint so good. Do download and review the latest SCCA GCR and Solo regulations. SCCA rules are used.

Starting with 'Stock' class, a fire extinguisher, a 5 point harness, and a rollbar with the cross brace are normal, nominal requirements. Yours is a very potent machine, and I am unsure if SCCA requires more roll protection for Solo 1 events for your car. Also check allowable tires and other mods. In my experience, if you stay in the Prepared or less categories this is all the minimum safety equipment you need.

Of course, you are always free to add more safety equipment at your option.

The more performance prep you do the higher the class, and at certain thresholds you are required to have more safety equipment like cages and fuel cells etc.

Keeping checking and I am sure some Corvette folks will throw in their 2 cents.

Cheers -
Tim Murphy
68 Roadster
69 Roadster
other Datsuns too