Quick Question - rules related

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

AStaidle
Novice
Current Racecar: 1982 Mazda Rx7 GS

Quick Question - rules related

Post by AStaidle »

Are foreign spec parts allowed for any classes outside of specials and modified? I'm curious about a couple options.
"Some people are afraid of heights, not me. I'm afraid of widths"

Visit my EBay Store --- http://stores.ebay.com/Ohio-Speed-Works

1987 Mazda Rx7 Turbo II
1985 Mazda Rx7 GSL-SE
1982 Mazda Rx7 GS

Turbo Dodge Parts garden
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Re: Quick Question - rules related

Post by dspgti »

splain that to me??? What do you mean by "feriin"??? :? In what class??? What part??? Generaly, it must be OEM. Some replacements are allowed but it depends??? With a lack of information, my guess is :twisted: "NO"! "NO WAY"....I PROTEST!.... but maybe if you are more specific??? :fish
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

Post by Joe Foering »

I'm with Dave...be specific. Example: can I use an aftermarket cam in SS or IT classes? NO! Can I use an aftermarket cam in HP? YES! But then, that's in the rule books. If it don't specifically say you can, you CAN'T!
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Post by Rich Sweigart »

I think I know what AStaidle is asking. I thnk he is asking if , foreign spec parts that were not used nor imported to the US for the model of the car.

Case in point: The US car came with a 4 banger but, the same car in Japan had a V8. Can he put in the V8 and be legal. YES and NO.

AStaidle, it deprnds on the class. Street Mod allows non-spec parts as long as it is the same manufacter. Anything goes in Specials but, something like SS, SP, IT, and even Prod and GT, you need to read the rules for the classes. Most cases they will say NO.

Rich
Rich Sweigart
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

I'll make another example. The 84 Rabbit GTI was available in Canada. It used the Eurospec "G" grind cam. The U.S. version had a less agressive cam that was better for emissions. In the rules for Stock, Improved Touring and Street Prepared, only the U.S. spec cam is allowed. That applies for every part on that car, in those classes. If you are talking China made ball joints, you are okay. As our cars get older, OEM is not always available. When aftermarket offers a duplicate in specification to that part, it is likely it can be subsituted. General rule on this (if there is such a thing), if it's a performance upgrade in anyway...NO WAY!(in SS,IT,SP etc.)

Does that answer your question?

Dave Y