More Simple Noobie Q's

Do you want to get info on Hill Climbing or how you can become a driver? Post your questions here.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

NJ 03Mach1
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 281
Current Racecar: Looking!

More Simple Noobie Q's

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

I know, dumb question when my car isn't even ready but just curious....

How do the #'s work? Is there a list to pick from, or can you make one up? When the time comes, I do want a permanent # I'll just have vinyl put on the doors pretty much like Steve with the Black Mach does..

Are letters allowed to be added in? Such as, I would like the 03 #, but someone has it. Can I make mine 03R or R03 for example?(The R coming from the Mach's vin)

In the rules it states that a novice, such as me must have 3 stripes that are in a color that can be seen against the paint..where is the best place for them? Do they need to be seen from 360* or just the sides? I was thinking over the wheel well, either front or rear. Horizontal or Vertical stripes, does it matter?

Are there any "required" stickers that must be displayed such as a PHA, SCCA, etc..etc..etc? If so, where do I get them?

Just trying to ask a few Q's at a time...

This board needs to be more active lol...I check it constantly lots of views, but no replies... its cause I'm new isn't it... :( I'll grow on ya!
Currently looking for a Legends or Dwarf car.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

More simple noobie ?

Post by Joe Foering »

To answer your questions:
There is a permanent number list on the PHA website; you can reserve an open number for $5/year...
You cannot use letters to distinguish between cars with the same number-there should not be cars with the same number...
While it is not common practice, there is one car which competes with a letter after the number...
Note that the letter "A" after a number is used to indicate alcohol based fuel (like methanol)...
Novice stripes are placed on the rear quarter panel on both sides-vertically...
You need PHA and SCCA stickers (2 each) and you can get them when you get a logbook for your car. I can supply you with both...
If you install a Kill Switch or a Fire System there are stickers which indicate the presence of them...
Joe Foering, Chief Tech. Insp.
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Thanks Joe!

Isn't it sad...planning out where I'm gonna put the stickers..an I'm not even ready too compete.
Adam Sampson
PHA #281
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Before I took my Mustang off of the street I went to a craft store and bought a magnet sheet and put the PHA and SCCA stickers on it and cut them out around the edges. It was an easy way to see where I would like them and then I did not have to drive around with stickers on the car.

As for the novice stripes since your car is blue you can just use electric tape to make them.
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
NJ 03Mach1
Novice

Post by NJ 03Mach1 »

Thanks. That's a good idea..I don't mind the stickers on her though. I'm not gonna go nuts with them.

I was also thinking of getting them done out of the shelf paper...kinda like those cars covered completely in advertisements, just show them where I want them and have the quarters covered in that paper for the season so I can just pull it off at the end. Protects the paint underneath too..
Adam Sampson
PHA #281