Hillclimb License Physical

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Hillclimb License Physical

Post by Dogpatch »

I would like to know if you need a Medical Physical for a Hillclimb License? Seems to be conflicting info at SCCA site.

Kurt
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Hillclimb License Physical

Post by Rich Rock »

For this year the answer is "no". For this year everyone must sign what SCCA calls a "Fitness Statement" at every PHA event.

Next year, hillclimbs might go back to requiring a doctor's physical, but for the rest of our 2019 season, all anyone must do is sign the Fitness Statement.

Rich
rallynutdon
Novice

Post by rallynutdon »

What's Interesting is that just last week they sent me an email reminding me to submit I physical form.
Dogpatch
Novice

Post by Dogpatch »

Me too.
Hello Jon! Our records indicate that your SCCA physical exam will expire on September 19, 2019 which means you'll need to submit a new physical with your competition license renewal.

Per the GCR, Appendix C, Section 2.1.A., SCCA can accept the completed Physician's Examination form, a completed Federal Aviation Authority medical form, an FAA BasicMed form or a complete NASA approved Medical Evaluation form. SCCA forms are available at www.scca.com/downloads. Examination shall not be more than six (6) months old upon license application. Please make sure the form is complete and signed AND dated by your physician.

The form must be submitted every five years for applicants ages 14-39, every three years for applicants ages 40-49, every two years for applicants ages 50-69 and every year for applicants age 70 and over.

You can email your completed form to membership@scca.com with any supporting documentation.

Thank you!
LARRY LONG
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 39
Current Racecar: Bradley

Post by LARRY LONG »

Same thing happen to me but then they said it wasn’t needed and sent my card without it on. They will send you a note saying that.
Dogpatch
Novice

Post by Dogpatch »

Funny thing is I got my new license 2 months ago. TT intermediate and Hillclimb licenses. The new TT group than wanted to only give me a Novice license several weeks later.
Great organization...