Grace Huntzinger

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Grace Huntzinger

Post by Sue Salsburg »

For anyone not at Giants, you might not know that Grace Huntzinger was in a serious accident towing to the hill. She is in Penn Presbyterian Hospital in Philly. She has severe leg & hip fractures & has undergone two long surgeries so far. David & I were with her sister at the hospital all day. She is sedated & resting now, so we came home. May need more work for blood clots. Please hold her in your thoughts; this will be a long haul & she will need our support in the months to come. We will go back tomorrow & post an update.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Re: Grace Huntzinger update 07/10/2017

Post by PitCrewLinda »

I sent the video of everyone who stayed for trophies at Giant's Despair. I asked Rich Rock to ask you all to say hello to Grace and wish her to get well soon in the video. Shereen said as soon as Grace is awake, she will play the video for her and she and her family appreciated your thoughts, prayers and the video.
I am in text communication with Grace's sister, Shereen and she has given me the following updates on Grace's condition to pass along to you.

Update on Grace:
Saturday: Had a blood clot removed which was an offshoot of the IV's and post surgery. Her injuries are her hips, legs. Badly broken but now in casts. Blood flow looks much better.

12:39AM: Today (I think she meant Sunday) she had another surgery to clean out the wounds on her legs. She's recovering well enough they are looking to remove the breathing tube and bring her out of sedation tomorrow. She is very seriously injured--her legs and hips. This will be a long and painful recovery when we get her to the point of stabilization. We have still not been able to communicate with her because of the sedation; but I know that she knows we are there.

Monday's update: The doctors decided to give Grace another day before they remove her breathing tube and reduce her sedation. She's not had any surgery today and they are slowly reducing the sedation and changing out the mechanism for delivering pain medication. While she is not conscious, she is moving around and it seems that she is responding to people in the room. So, tomorrow we will see if she is ready for the breathing tube to be removed. Her blood flow still looks good to her hands and feet, which is excellent news.

Shereen said she would send me another update in the afternoon on Tuesday.

So, from me, Linda to you hill climbers....I Will keep you updated as I can.
I'm asking this of those of you who can do so; please pray for Grace's recovery and healing. Miracles do happen and I believe in a miracle for her. God knows we care.

Linda Young
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Re: Grace Huntzinger

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Is the video available to view? What a great idea; I'd love to see it. I've been trying to update on the PHA. Facebook page. Didn't realize you were on Sherene's e-mail blaster. She's a hoot - very much like Grace; she writes everything down in a journal. Being with her you can see the engineer's mind clicking. I just hope everyone's enthusiasm lasts for the months Grace's recovery will take. It was a scramble at first just finding her contacts, insurance & medical cards. We had to go back to Chester to get her purse; they forgot to send it with the helicopter to Penn. A good wake-up call to all of us: have all your emergency info available & easy to find. We all have contacts in our phones like " Joe" but who is Joe, is he important? Medical info so the ER knows you are on blood pressure or diabetic meds. I'm making up a little packet for the glove box & one for my purse.
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
PitCrewLinda
Novice

Post by PitCrewLinda »

I sent it to you via text message.
Linda Young,
for Casual Photography
FV#95 and FV#70

http://www.lindayoungwatercolors.com
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Grace is on the mend. As of yesterday evening, she's out of the hospital and in a rehabilitation facility, Powerback Rehabilitation in Moorestown, NJ.

She expects it will be a few months before she's ready to go home. She's not quite up for visitors yet, (maybe soon) but she's in good spirits, and looks forward to making a successful recovery.

The address is: Powerback Rehabilitation 212 Marter Ave. Moorestown NJ 08057

She's in room 340