Medical Exam

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Medical Exam

Post by Sue Salsburg »

I'm confused. I thought SCCA dropped their requirement for medical exams for hillclimb licenses. Looked at my renewal & it wants a medical. Didn't mind when I had insurance from work but now it's a pain-in-the-wallet for two of us. What's the real scoop Matt?
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rick Kase
Hall of Fame Member

Re: Medical Exam

Post by Rick Kase »

Sue
Download a Self medical form and submit it, that is the required medical. Unless national has a previous refusal or another special condition on record that is all you need.

Rick
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Both my renewal & David's say medical required. I don't want to stir up trouble by calling them. Sue
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Just went through the same problem with renewal. Scca says fill out the time trial license form which states that all you need is to fill out the personal side of the medical form and sign. They did not send the renewal form in my package, nor the new medical form with the signature block at the bottom of the personal page. Very efficient. By the way, in 34 years of maintaining my time trial license, I have never seen a license form, much less filled one out.
Call and they will email both to you. No need to see a doctor unless you have some serious health issues.
See you in the spring...
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Sue Salsburg »

I guess I'll just send it in & see what happens. All these years & a gazillion drivers & they still can't get their s**t together. Sue
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

For anyone still confused by this:

My renewal also said that Medical was required. As per the instructions on page 2 of the Time Trial License application, I filled out the self examination part and sent it in. Since I have no history of medical problems or obvious physical issues, I did not need to have a physician perform the exam. I received my license, no problem.

Note that they did include the medical form with my renewal, but it can also be downloaded from scca.com here:

https://www.scca.com/downloads/2800-phy ... e/download

The instructions state the following (emphasis mine):
D. Submit the following to SCCA Member Services:
1. Novice Time Trial AND Time Trial License
Current SCCA medical form with only the medical history portion completed and signed by the applicant.
If the applicant has a history of medical problems or has an obvious physical problem, the applicant is
required to have a physician perform the medical examination on the reverse side of the medical form.
(Every blank on the Medical History MUST be completed)
2. Applicable license fee.
3. Minors include the MS-L form.
Grace