Motorsports Engineering Club

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Toother1321
Novice

Motorsports Engineering Club

Post by Toother1321 »

Hey all just wanted to introduce myself,

I bought this car a few years ago for a few hundred dollars with the intention of making it a dedicated racer. At the time I wasn't sure if it was going to be Auto-X Rally-X or just some weekend track days. Long story short, what originally started as a project for me has certainly evolved over the years. The addition of a few new family members has left little (I mean absolutely zero) time for me to work on it during my own time. After exploring some options, my day job as a middle school Tech-Ed teacher has given this car second life. This year I started a new after school club to give students more exposure to engineering and design. I took applications and wound up settling on a really solid group of 8th graders that will be working on turning this 2003 ford focus zx3 into a dedicated hill climb car. I wanted to share the page that has been started for the new organization and we really hope to see you on the roads this spring. I'm sure as the year continues I will be asking many tech questions and looking for help to make sure we are within all of the rules (most importantly the safety rules).

Thanks again please take the time to check us out!

Hornets Racing
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Motorsports Engineering Club

Post by Rich Rock »

Sent you a PM.

Rich
Toother1321
Novice

Post by Toother1321 »

Just wanted to update with some pics. We have the interior removed and have started cleaning and painting. Basically at this point we are doing anything we can do for free with materials I have on hand in the shop.

Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Great to see kids getting their hands dirty. Hope to see it out this season.
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX