we need your help

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

we need your help

Post by dspgti »

atlantic city
Dear Friends and Family,

I have decided to sleep on the street to show homeless young people that they are not alone.

Did you know that each year 2 million children will face homelessness in this country? That number is staggering, in part because it seems impossible. We don’t see homeless kids, so where can they all be?

Think about the paths you walk every day. Consider a teenage boy with torn jeans and an oversized hoodie listening to music in the park with his friends, or a young girl pushing a stroller with dark circles under her eyes. Do they have homes? Do they have families who can support them? Homeless youth blend into the crowd, spending precious energy to go unnoticed.

As the largest service provider to homeless young people in North America, Covenant House does a great deal to help these kids. Their outreach and residential programs are working 24/7 in 27 cities to help thousands of teenagers and young adults find safety from the streets and hope for a better life – one kid at a time.

And, together with hundreds of others in cities across the United States and Canada, I am participating in the Sleep Out to bring awareness and support to these kids by raising money -- money to help Covenant House serve these kids who have nowhere else to turn.

Today, I ask you to support my efforts with a donation. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause – you can make your tax-deductible gift online by clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you prefer, you can send a check made out to Covenant House to the address listed below. (Please include my name on the memo section of your check.)

Any amount, great or small, makes a difference. I appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincerely,

Dave Yeager
Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://covhou.convio.net/site/TR?px=249 ... afId=18601

If you no longer wish to receive email messages sent from your friends on behalf of this organization, please click here or paste this URL into your browser: http://covhou.convio.net/site/TellFrien ... faeff695c5

CE-footer
Covenant House Logo FB
CONTACT
Gina Butler
Covenant House
461 Eighth Ave,
New York, NY 10001