Spectator

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mckee
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 157
Current Racecar: McKee, Cooper, Kellison, 32 Ford Hi-boy

Spectator

Post by mckee »

I visited Duryea Sunday with my grandkids and watched the action on Mt. Penn. It was quite a thrill to see and hear (and in the case of Merlin's Merlin, also to be able to feel) the cars streak past after a several year absence. It was nice to see most of the drivers I remember still competing and the same super crew running things. Not much has changed except the quality of the competition has increased dramatically. How Bob G. and Bernardo ran 107's in that heat just amazed me.

I read with interest Mark's classification comments on having to run against out-and-out race cars. While I appreciate his concern I might suggest if he and his door slammer buddies slowed down and stopped whipping the race cars they might gain more sympathy for Mark's argument.

I wish circumstances had allowed me to visit with more racers, but I had enough time to come away impressed with the racing and PHA's excellent ongoing stewardship.

Best regards,

Bob D'Amore
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Spectator

Post by Rich Rock »

Bob!!

Gee, wish I had seen you there, would have loved to talk to you and see the grandkids. Thanks for the kind words about the event and PHA. Any chance you'll be back racing with us soon?