Pobst Position

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

DaveM
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 73
Current Racecar: White Rabbit

Pobst Position

Post by DaveM »

Hi,

In the September Sports Car Magazine, Randy Pobst describes his experience at Pikes Peak this year. The second paragraph reads:

"This competition is a throwback to racing as it was at the time of the birth of the SCCA, 70-plus years ago. In fact, many early SCCA events were hillclimbs. The Club still sanctions the Pennsylvania Hill Climb Association competitions, like Giant's Despair and Duryea, which originated, like Pikes Peak, early last century." [Emphasis is mine.]

Cheers

Dave M
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: Pobst Position

Post by Matt Rowe »

Someone should write a letter to Sportscar and offer Randy and invitation to one of our hills. He's always been a down to earth, grassroots kind of racer. It would be fun to see him tackle on of our hills.
~Matt Rowe
gmreider
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 13
Current Racecar: SAAB 93 900S 86 900S

Post by gmreider »

Could not agree with you more on Randy Pobst. But Matt , what are we going to give him to drive ? A FSP Neon or a SMF SAAB ?
geowit
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 103
Current Racecar: #103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS

Post by geowit »

Hmm-m-m-m. It could be a great publicity opportunity for Bernardo and the Silver Car. :P
Thanks,
Geo.
#103 '85 Mazda RX-7 ITS
crusaderchuck
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 251
Current Racecar: H/M sports racer "brand-X" , '60 saab 93F #251, ex DC. region H/P "sudar" '59 bugeye ,ex disney '60 saab 93F

Post by crusaderchuck »

Funny randy gets mentioned. he was one the top people wanting to buy the ex craig disney yellow 1960. saab 93f! He wanted that car. but another deal came up and he politely backed out the deal. we spoke on the phone sitting in my van at weatherly! I believe he'd drive anyythiing just for the experience! And i know he'd love a vintage ride....we spoke about it.
Charles F. Christ Sr.
1960 SAAB 93F #251
1967 H/M Sports Racer "Brand X"
1959 DC Region (RIP David Rothel) Bugeye "SUDAR" #1