Skyline Drive Repaving

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

Skyline Drive Repaving

Post by Rich Rock »

Maybe. Check out the article in today's paper. It's accurate up to a point. Its absolutely true, though, that the plan is to repave the entire length of the road if they get the grant. If they do get the grant, it probably won't get done until next year.

http://Www.readingeagle.com/news/articl ... line-drive
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Re: Skyline Drive Repaving

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Happy for the paving, not to happy about rumble strips. Is there anyway we can have them removed from the plan? Rt 202 bi-way thru Montgomery and Bucks Counties has bikes lanes on it with nothing but, a normal white line separating the travel lanes and the bike lanes with a token bike symbol painted in the bike lanes.

ps Love the photo used by the Reading Eagle, someday I will find time to install a new gas tank in the 924. :mrgreen:
Rich Sweigart
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

There will be rumble strips, no way to have them removed from the plan. They will not necessarily be installed the entire length of the project, there will likely be some gaps. The location and length of those gaps is yet to be determined. Stay tuned, but don't expect any news real soon. This stuff takes time, lots of time.
offy255
Novice

Post by offy255 »

Today's Reading Eagle Letters to the editor
Attachments
Scan0009.jpg
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The grant has been approved!! Looks like it's gonna happen, but not before this year's Duryea.

Stay tuned for details, but be patient. Like I said before, this stuff takes time.
Mark Aubele
Novice

Post by Mark Aubele »

Last year to set records without the excuse of having a freshly paved road!
'97 BMW M3 #53 SMX
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The contract has been awarded, and preliminary work has begun! The actual repaving work is scheduled to begin the second week of May.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The work is moving along. I was up there today and can report that the milling of the road and the laying of the base coat of asphalt from just above the Pagoda, continuing past the tower all the way to List Road (Duryea turnaround) is done. I took a couple pictures but I've never been able to figure out how to attach a picture. So, for now I'll just say that it's looking good!