Pre Season Annual Tech Sessions

Talk about anything in this section, just keep it clean. :-)

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Pre Season Annual Tech Sessions

Post by Dogpatch »

Hi Fellow Hillclimbers,

Winter is over and its time to get serious about the coming hill climb season. Steve Marsh reminded me that I wanted to give anyone interested a chance to get their cars teched before the season starts. I am offering annual tech on the following Sundays, April 25th, May 2nd, May 9th (Mother's Day), May 16th and May 23rd between 12 noon and 4 pm. My home address is 3444 Apple Court, Stewartstown, PA 17363. Go to www.mapquest.com for directions. Advance notice would be appreciated but not necessary... reply by e-mail (kurt@dogpatchracing.com). The street in front of my house is wide open and easily accessible to trailers for off loading cars. If it rains we do it in the garage. We will have log books, and a limited supply of Labels for emergency switch, fire extinguisher label, and club racing labels. We will do roll bars too.
Don't forget to bring drivers suit, helmet, gloves, etc. Just pretend you are coming to an event.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Kurt
Tech Guy
SteveTC
Novice

Re: Pre Season Annual Tech Sessions

Post by SteveTC »

I've had some correspondence with Kurt on this, and as he is located in the extreme south of PA, I am going to offer those in the northeast area the same courtesy. I live about 20 minutes from Wilkes-Barre, in Hunlock Creek. I can accommodate any truck/trailer on my farm short of a tractor trailer. Saturdays are more convenient for me, and we can also make some arrangements for evenings as well. I can do annual and Kurt will stamp your log book at the next event.

Can also do initial inspection, but I have to get some log books sent up, or contact Kurt to buy log book, take your pictures, fill in your information, and we will get you signed off. This makes it easier for everyone at the events if we can get these out of the way prior to the events, and allows time to repair or update any item necessary.

Email me at bwranch@epix.net or PM me through here. Looking forward to the upcoming season.
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

For you guys and gals that are near the Reading area and would like to have your car pre-checked I can offer this service also, but Kurt will have to stamp your book at Jefferson. Make sure to bring your gear too.
The following two weekends I can accomodate some cars at my place in Pricetown. The best thing for me to do is to have you call me and make an appointment so I can ensure I will be there to help you, as I am usually running around myself. I can probably do this both Saturday and Sunday if this will help. I have plenty of room for trailers and can give directions when you call. (484) 269-3199
DaveM
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 73
Current Racecar: White Rabbit

Post by DaveM »

Any plans to do this again for 2011?
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

My garage is always open up here near Wilkes-Barre. I was just going to ask Kurt about it.