Jefferson Report?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Jefferson Report?

Post by svann »

How about a report from Jefferson. I heared a little from Dave Cutchins but the cell connection wasn't the best. It sounded like a great turnout.
Stan Vann
Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Post by Steve Tumolo »

With the exception of a little rain and mini thunderstorm on saturday afternoon the weather was great. There was a HUGE turn out. It had to be over 60 cars. No major incidents and all were safe. Quite a few battles came down to the wire. The Danko crew put on some really good food for us all.
All in all it was a great weekend. :D :D
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
reddodge85
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: own the Neon driven by Donald DeHart and Crystal Whisler.

Post by reddodge85 »

There was 70+ there. The weather was great with exception of above mentioned Thunderstorm. A good time was had by all. :D
svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Post by svann »

How may were non regulars or novices? I would think this might indicate some interest created by the new Time Trial rules. Maybe this is going to work after all. I know there has been a lot of chatter on the DC solo forum at times since the new program started.
Stan Vann
reddodge85
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: own the Neon driven by Donald DeHart and Crystal Whisler.

Post by reddodge85 »

Somebody told me there were 18 novices.
RX-Midget
Novice

Post by RX-Midget »

I was one of the novices.
Losts of nice folks and the weather wasn't too bad (one rain shower).
I had a great time and had fun learning the Jefferson in the opposite direction and getting into some nice drifts around the corners to track-out. I can't wait until Fall Jefferson. Hopefully by then I won't be running on DOT tires - I see some slicks in the future :D

It was a blast to finally drive the car the way it wants to be driven!
b yoder
Novice

Post by b yoder »

This was my first event @ Jefferson and I had an absolute blast. The rain wasn't the greatest but, all in all it moved through rather quickly and being in the second run group, all my runs were in the dry. The last little session of 2 runs at the end of Sunday was also a welcome additon. Unfortunately they only got me to the "close...but no cigar position", as Steve's margin of victory over me was .009 :shock: . I thought that only happened in Solo 2. Count me in for Weatherly.
Last edited by b yoder on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Styczynski
Novice

Post by Tom Styczynski »

This was my first event with PHA. I had a great time and will be looking forward to future events.

Where can I get some PHA decals for the car?
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Great Jefferson Event

Post by Mwilson »

Just a gratitude of thanks to all involved with the Jefferson Event. To the entire Danko family for the great food and especially the fantastic "BIRCH BEER." To both Matt's and all the workers who did a superb job as usual. To Nelson and Rick who as usual gave 110%. And Tim who did an outstanding job at the start line getting us all off safely. On a scale of one to 10 this event was a 12. Thanks to all and see you at Weatherly.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

A big THANKS to the organizers, sponsors and workers! I had a great time.

Lots of new faces/cars. This will be an interesting year if they all come to the hills.

I stuck around until Monday morning. At about 8:45am, a guy driving one of the BSR Caprices comes through the paddock pretty fast and just about throws the car into a four wheel drift, stopping in front of the classroom building

He came into the classroom and started making coffee and putting papers on the tables. He told me he was an instructor for the security driving class which was to start at 9am. He said the students were mostly from government agencies. I figured it was a good time for me to leave :wink:

See ya at Weatherly.

Rich Rock
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

So Rich. When you saw the big unmarked Caprice sliding in, did you quickly hide your Stash?????

Mash
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Mash,

Heck, I'm too old to remember where my stash is anymore. And the only things in the bag these days are aspirin and Advil!

Rich Rock