Summit lay of the land?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

b yoder
Novice

Summit lay of the land?

Post by b yoder »

This is my first trip to Summit, and was curious what it's like. Do we paddock/pit on asphalt. Do we paddock/pit with our trailers, or do we drop everything, and move the tailers to another location? Any grassy areas for kids/pets? Just wanted to have a rough idea prior to arrival. Thank you.

Brian
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Brian,

The paddock area at Jefferson is asphalt access roads with grass paddock spaces. It can get a little muddy and with this weeks weather I would count on the ground being soft when you get there. But, the access roads are wide enough that some people park their race cars on the edge of the road between run groups if the mud is too bad. Just keep the lanes clear, especially when everyone is trying to get trailers in and out. There is room to leave your trailer in your space, although it can start to get a little crowded so try to be considerate and don't spread out too much. As As I said the paddock spaces are grassy and we always have some pets and kids around. Also, the classroom building has a nice deck with tables to hang out at during the day with a decent view of the front straight.

A couple of things for the new people, when you get to the front gate just tell them you are headed to the Jefferson circuit. That should get you in without having to pay the refundable admission pass. Typically we take possesion of the that track at 5 pm, that might vary depending on the contract, Tim should know that detail. In any event once we are allowed in you can start to set up. The event officials tend to park their motorhomes in the middle grass section directly across from the classroom building so please keep that area clear. Also, there is no paddocking allowed on the grass between the first paddock road and the track. Hopefully that will be obvious when you get there. If in doubt, ask someone when you get there. If all goes according to plan I should be down there by 5 on Friday. Hopefully my race car will make it before Saturday morning. :shock:
~Matt Rowe
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

5pm is when we can get into the gate. If you get charged at the gate please see me at registration and bring the arm band they'll give you.

You can camp out over night until Monday morning but we must be out of there by 7 or 7:30 because BSR is having a driver school that morning at 9am.

You can bring pets but they must be leashed at all times and attended to. Cleanup poop right away ect. No animals left outside over night either.

Like Matt said there is room there but it is going to be crowded because I have 51 preregistered drivers. That is higher then ever so please everyone try to not take anymore room then you need.

Got some great racing and food this weekend hope nobody is missing it 8)

See ya at the track!!
Regards,

Tim Royer
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

51 Preregistered!

It's hard to believe everyone got their cars put back together on time. Either that or the change to the Time Trials program is really paying off and there will be a lot of novices. :lol:

Everyone will have to be a little more careful about not spreading out too much. Fortunately people are usually pretty good about that. Except for that one group that shows up with a tractor trailer. :wink:
~Matt Rowe
Joe B.
Novice

Post by Joe B. »

I would have made it 52, but thats another story. I'm probably sitting this year out.
What about worker parking? Any place in particular, or just grab any spot that comes along?
Sorry for the thread hijack....

Joe Bartek
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI Joe,

You can park anywhere. I guess I might need a parking attendent. :roll:

The entries are up for many reasons. One is the PHA stand at Hershey Hill Climb, we have a couple coming from that event WTG Gordon Wise and anyone that attended. The best is word of mouth. I got this event posted on every site I know of. We have alot of new drivers with prepared cars coming. It should be a great weekend, I can't wait!!

:shock:
Last edited by Tim Royer on Tue May 24, 2005 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Sorry make that 56 drivers now :shock:
Regards,

Tim Royer
Champ
Novice

Rookie

Post by Champ »

I'm the reason it's not 55.
#7 ITC
b yoder
Novice

Post by b yoder »

Thanks for the all the paddock info. I appreciate it.

It's hard to believe everyone got their cars put back together on time.

Just barely :D Was up rather late last night installing a new windshield. Still need to mount the fire bottle and get some new numbers on the car and I should be ready to go.

Although not pre-registered, make me 57, as I'll be there!
Matt Green
Novice
Current Racecar: I race other people's cars

Post by Matt Green »

Wow, with that many cars I hope you have someone good planned for pit-out...

And Matt R- don't you think Saturday morning is a little, um, optimistic? I'm just trying to get there before the end of the day on Sunday... :roll:
Matthew A. Green --- mattgreen(at)msquaredracing(dot)com
M"squared" Racing! --- http://www.msquaredracing.com/
Former Chair- TTAC and TTSC

Can I drive your car?
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI all,

UPDATE 61 drivers!!

Somebody shoot me!
Regards,

Tim Royer
Champ
Novice

Post by Champ »

Steve,
Are we going to have a class in ITC this year? It's been a little sparse for a while.
#7 ITC