Blue Ridge report ?

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Steve Tumolo
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 30
Current Racecar: 2000 Mustang

Blue Ridge report ?

Post by Steve Tumolo »

Are there any results from Blue Ridge ?
#30 A-Sedan Mustang
wildhorsesracing
Novice

Post by wildhorsesracing »

svann
Novice
Current Racecar: 1970 Caldwell D9 FF1600

Blueridge Hillclimb video

Post by svann »

Check out the great teaser video of the Blueridge Hillclimb on the http://www.autocross.us forum. Look under the subject line "other racing" and the Blueridge Hillclimb thread. This is a sample of a DVD that Jim Haltom will produce for the organizers. It is something that he and I had discussed over the last year and I think it is going to be a valuable tool in introducing our great sport to a wider audience. I think it captures so much of what we love about the sport: the great people, the beautiful scenery, and the challenge of the mountain itself.
Last edited by svann on Sun May 22, 2005 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Vann
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

Hello all. Just rolling in from Myrtle Beach. Needed a vacation to get over the hillclimb. Now I need a vacation to get over my vacation!!

Very good race. Our staff did a great job. Put on a good show for the spectators. Racers got their monies worth!

Nice weather on saturday, rained all day Sunday. Fast times were set saturday. George Bowland set a new overall record (50.77). Jim Oswald got to a 54 before he broke saturday. The VW jinx got Jim, Bob, and Bob Jr this year. Sorry guys.

Only 1 incident (a miata in a ditch, minor). Very fortunate, thankful we had a safe hillclimb.

check out this cool video that Stan mentioned. I am checking it out now. It is awesome. The finished product will be ready in a couple of weeks.

Mash
reddodge85
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: own the Neon driven by Donald DeHart and Crystal Whisler.

Post by reddodge85 »

Awesome Video guys!!! Looks like a nice weekend.
GT1-hillclimber
Novice

Post by GT1-hillclimber »

Also check out http://www.blueridgehillclimb.com Scroll down to the bottom. Click on the video play button. Cool clip of the start line at Chimney Rock back in 1984. John Finger in his awesome car.

We will be showing some other clips from C Rock and Blue Ridge from time to time.

Mash