January PHA Meeting

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

January PHA Meeting

Post by Rich Rock »

The next PHA meeting will be at 1pm on January 26 at Classic Auto Mall in Morgantown, PA. The mall is connected to the Holiday Inn just off the Morgantown exit (#298?) of the PA Turnpike.
Come early to walk around and see what's there. Click on the link for a preview.

Www.classicautomall.com

The annual BMR Banquet will be held there on the same day from 4-9pm, and everyone's invited to that.

If weather forces a postponement, "Plan B" is to do it on February 2. At this time there is no "Plan C"

Some details to be worked out, including price for banquet attendance, but I'll post updates here.

Rich
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: January PHA Meeting

Post by Rich Rock »

Some updated info:

Entry to the Auto Mall will be on the North side, (the side facing the Turnpike) and our meeting will be in the old Food Court in the middle of the mall.

While the PHA meeting starts at 1pm, you should plan on getting there earlier for a couple reasons. The biggest reason is that the food service will be different from what we usually do. Since the Hotel's restaurant doesn't open until 5pm, and the Auto Mall doesn't have any food service, we're going to have a bunch of pizza delivered before the meeting. We'll also have some sodas and bottled water there. Cost will be $5/person. The plan is to serve the food at 12:15 pm. It might be gone by 12:30.

The other reason is that there is a LOT to see at the mall, and it takes time. The mall opens at 8am on Saturdays, and will be closing to the public at noon on the 26th.

The BMR banquet will begin at 4pm and go until 9pm. Everyone is welcome to stay for that. It will be a catered buffet-style dinner and the price is $25/person. Registration form for the banquet is available on the BMR website. http://www.bmr-scca.org Please note the January 19 deadline for banquet registration!

For those who might want to stay overnight, the hotel is setting aside a block of 10 rooms for us. $89/night plus taxes. It should be finalized and in their system some time on Monday and I'll post that info soon as I have it.
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Sounds like fun but I'll be chained to the TV & computer watching the 24 Hours of Daytona. I guess you picked the date to avoid football?
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The deal with the Morgantown Holiday Inn is all set up. All ten rooms have two queen beds.

$89/night plus taxes. You must reserve before 5pm Monday January 21 to get this rate.

Best way to reserve is call the hotel directly. 610-286-3000. Rooms are being held under Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association. Any issues, ask to speak to Kevin Bergman.

Rich
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The PHA meeting is being moved back one hour and will start at 2pm because of the Jerry Hartman memorial service and luncheon (which is scheduled to start at noon).

For those who don't plan to attend the service, you'll still be able to get into the Auto Mall using the North entrance at any time after 8am Saturday.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Pizza is scheduled to be delivered at 1:30pm