camping for Pagoda

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

camping for Pagoda

Post by Sue Salsburg »

How is the paving coming along? Any problems with camping at the fire tower? Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: camping for Pagoda

Post by Rich Rock »

The paving is done from just past the Pagoda to List Road (Duryea turnaround). They still need to paint lines and cut in the rumble strips, though.

There should be no problem camping at the tower, but it's not yet known exactly when the road will be opened and we'll have access via Skyline Drive. It might not open until Friday. I'll post here as soon as I know.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

I still don't know when Skyline Drive will reopen. I might know something around lunchtime Thursday, and it's possible that it won't reopen until lunchtime Friday. Sorry. If you were planning on spending Thursday night at the tower, you should definitely have a backup plan.

I'll post here when I have more info.

Rich
GregFV22
Novice
Current Racecar: FV

Post by GregFV22 »

Hi Rich. Is the recycling center open for trailer parking this year?
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

No. I tried, but did not succeed. No parking at the recycling center, sorry.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

They're telling me that Skyline Drive will remain closed until 9am Friday.

But, the Central Berks Police will make an exception for people who want to come to the tower this evening. YOU MUST COME IN FROM THE LIST ROAD END. NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXCUSES.

When you get to the intersection of Skyline Drive and List Road there will be barricades across skyline drive. Move the barricades, pull through, and REPLACE THE BARRICADES. DO NOT LET ANYONE WHO IS NOT WITH THE HILLCLIMB PAST THE BARRICADES!!

DO NOT try to access the tower by going past the Pagoda! You might get a big fine.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Everyone needs to be aware that there will be people working on skyline drive tomorrow morning. Please give these workers all the courtesy you would want if you were in their shoes. Go slow, and give em a tap of the horn and a thumbs up too.

Thanks,

Rich