Shenandoah

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gdh57
Site Admin

Shenandoah

Post by gdh57 »

I saw the note that Toni posted on facebook about how we would not be allowed back to Shenandoah until after 6PM on Fri.

Is this still the case?

Also, can we stay over Sunday night? If yes, when do we have to be out on Monday morning?

Thanks!

Grace
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Shenandoah

Post by Rich Rock »

Dave Merritt will be posting the latest info about the event either today or Sunday, but based on what he told me on Friday, the answers to the questions are "yes", we can't get in until 6pm Friday, and everyone must be out by 9am Monday.
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

One other thing I thought of -- will they be opening the cafe for breakfast and/or lunch?
DaveM
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 73
Current Racecar: White Rabbit

Post by DaveM »

Hi,

Friday: entry time is 6:00PM. There will be a private group on the track until then. We are asked not to come early.

Electrical Hookups: after you find your parking space, return to Gate 1 with your space number with $30 to receive a key. When you depart the event (Sunday PM/Monday AM), take the key and lock back to Gate 1 and receive $10 back (deposit).

Food: the Concession stand will be open 8:00AM – 2:00PM Saturday and Sunday for drivers and crew. Breakfast sandwiches will be available in the AM. Hamburgers, hotdogs and other sandwiches will be available in the PM. We will have the traditional dinner for everyone on Saturday evening.

Fuel is available in the Shenandoah paddock area (Credit Card)

Monday: exit time is 9:00AM

Track video: there are a number of YouTube videos for Shenandoah Circuit. The following is narrated by one of the BSR instructors https://youtu.be/2h1R3EuknCA

WORKERS: THE SHENANDOAH CIRCUIT REQUIRES MORE WORKERS THAN JEFFERSON. PLEASE TRY TO FIND FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS TO COME OUT AND WORK. IF WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH WORKERS, WE MAY NEED TO HAVE DRIVERS PITCH IN. (If you work half a day, you get double runs in the other half of the day.)

Cheers

Dave M
Dave Cutchins
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 94
Current Racecar: Formula B (F-1000)

Post by Dave Cutchins »

Dave, do you know if either one or both entrances can be used - Shenandoah or Main?
Dave Cutchins
FB #94
DaveM
Novice

Post by DaveM »

Hi Dave,

Gate 1 (the gate we usually use) is open 24/7. Gate 2 for Shenandoah will be open 6:30-3:00 on Saturday and Sunday, and should be used by our group during those times. (There will be a sign posted during those times at Gate 1 directing "Time Trials" to Gate 2.)

Cheers

Dave M
Dogpatch
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 08

Post by Dogpatch »

are we allowed to arrive early at the main track to spectate until the shenandoah is open?

Kurt
DaveM
Novice

Post by DaveM »

Hi Kurt,

I imagine if that is where you say you are going and there is room for you to park, it should be okay. I can double check with the track manager tomorrow.

Cheers

Dave M
rallynutdon
Novice

Post by rallynutdon »

Can you tell me where is gate 2 relative to gate 1, how do I get to it? I've never gone in anywhere other than gate 1. Thanks.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

If you're coming from the Charlestown side, gate 2 is on your left, a little past gate 1. If you're coming from the Winchester side, gate 2 is on your right, a little before gate 1.