2016 Duryea Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

2016 Duryea Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

Registration forms will be emailed on Wednesday July 27. Online registration at myautoevents.com will open at 1am on Friday July 29. Thanks to Nelson for handling this!!

Registration is capped at 110 entries, after which a waiting list will be created. This event usually fills up VERY FAST. If you want to be sure you don't end up on the waiting list, I recommend that you print out, fill out and mail in (with payment) the entry form, making sure that it is postmarked no later than July 28.

I'll post more info as we get closer to the event.

Thanks!

Rich
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: 2016 Duryea Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

Work began today, August 1, to redo the pit road sidewalk. BMR, with cooperation from the City of Reading, has hired a paving contractor to redo the entire length of the 13th Street sidewalk between the Start Line and Walnut Street. Once completed, the approximately 800' sidewalk should be nice and smooth. Weather permitting, the paving will be done tomorrow, August 2.

As part of the job, the ruts in the parking area across from the old recycling center will be filled. Also, the inside of Turn 1 will be repaired, as well as various defects further up the hill, including those just past the Pagoda.

While the currently unpredictable weather may affect the completion date of the work, BMR feels confident that all work will be done in time for Duryea.

This project is being paid for 100% by BMR, which means that everyone who has entered or sponsored a BMR event over the past few years has helped make it possible.

Thank you !!

Rich
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Rich Rock wrote:As part of the job, the ruts in the parking area across from the old recycling center will be filled.
I would like to especially thank everyone who made this part of the repaving possible for REASONS.

(Yes, one of these ruts is what ate my ankle during Friday timing setup / testing at Pagoda this year. To make things worse, the same rut almost got the other one since I ended up pitting in the same space! I often suspect my parents were being ironic when they named me :lol: )

Grace
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

All the paving work is done, and it looks good. There was a nice article in the Reading Eagle today. I will attempt to load an attachment now. We'll see how that goes.... It didn't work. I will try to post it in the video and pictures section of this forum. If it doesn't show up there, well, I tried.
offy255
Novice

Post by offy255 »

Re Pave photos
Attachments
003_8092.jpg
003_8105.jpg
003_8110.jpg
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

BMR got some recognition from National earlier this week when they posted a nice article on the SCCA.com website about the paving and other community service projects the region has done. Thanks again to everyone who helped make it happen by being a part of BMR events.

For this weekend, please try to make it to the hill on Friday for registration and tech. Lately, a lot of people have been putting it off until Saturday. That makes it harder for the tech crew, who are also drivers, to get themselves and their cars ready. They're usually there by late morning on Friday, and can tech your car even if registration hasn't opened yet. It's always helpful if you have your tech sheet filled out in advance. You can download one at from the "rules" section of this website.

Thanks!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Just a quick note to say THANKS to everyone who was a part of the event, and a special thanks to those who stuck around and helped with teardown and cleanup in the rain on Sunday. By the time the sun came out around 4:30pm? just about everything was done.

If you weren't there for the awards, (yes,we did do awards after the sun came out) I'll have them at Shenandoah and Weatherly.

Thanks again, everyone!