2015 PHA Banquet

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

2015 PHA Banquet

Post by Nelson »

ATTENTION: The PHA annual banquet is scheduled for 7 November 2015 at the Holiday Inn Hershey (exit 80 on Interstate 81). Watch for further details. For now, it is important to know that a block of rooms (15, and I am trying to get it up to 20) is set aside for $99.00 (vice $125-$150). You must make a reservation, mentioning PHA to get the rate, by 7 October 2015. After that they will be sold at the full rate first come first serve. Also, if you would like to stay an extra night (before or after the 7th) the hotel will honor that rate for us. Call central reservations at 800-379-7817 or call the hotel at 717-469-0661.
I am still in the menu selection process and will post it in the next few days. It will be a buffet.
As mentioned at drivers' meetings, the cost will be $45.00 per person. Workers are invited free of charge. As in the past, additional donations to offset the cost of worker meals will be accepted and greatly appreciated.

You may make banquet reservations (there will be forms at Weatherly - and posted here as soon as I finish it) by mailing a check to PHA, PO Box 941, Carlisle, PA 17013. Please provide the name of the driver, guests, and if appropriate the amount donated toward workers meals.

More to follow as soon as I have it.

John Pitman

http://www.johnpitmanphotography.com
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: 2015 PHA Banquet

Post by Rich Rock »

Only 7 rooms remaining as of 3:55pm Sunday September 27.
Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Nelson »

THE ANNUAL BANQUET IS NOVEMBER 7, 2015 at the Holiday Inn, Grantville (exit 80 on I81)
Business meeting at 2:00, Cocktails at 6:00, dinner at 7:00
Get your reservations in before you forget.
Donations of items for door prizes are always appreciated.
We will have the Italian Buffet this year.

My email is: jjpfoto@earthlink.net. I cannot access the Forum at this time, so use email or snail mail (PO Box 941, Carlisle, PA 17013) to contact me.
Office number is 717-241-9758 (leave a message, I WILL return your call).

www.johnpitmanphotography.com
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

John would like to have all banquet reservations in hand by October 28, please!

Thanks, and see ya there!
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Looks to be a great turnout! As of Thursday afternoon John has 117 names on his list, and that is very near the capacity of the room!

As in the past, there will be door prizes and maybe a Chinese auction. Please try to bring something, thanks!

Rich
caracalFV
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 95
Current Racecar: Caracal CR

Post by caracalFV »

The awards banquet was successful. Lots of positive comments about the food and the service. Program sales helped keep us in the black. We had 125 attendees and 45 were volunteer/workers!! A new record (best that I can remember). Accordingly, I booked the same site for the 11/12/2016 banquet.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to those who stepped forward to help with registration (Donna, George, Nancy) , door prize table (Brenda, Norma and others), and thank you for those who donated door prizes (I am not even sure who all donated). Rich Rock was in it day to day selling ads, and providing good recommendations.
I know I am missing many other players...hey, I am old and forget things.

Here is what I would like for next year: Someone (or a team) to produce the program; someone or a team to devise a low key theme for the dinner and deal with the hotel (that part has become really easy - they are good at what they do and our requirements do not change a whole lot). Someone (I can still do it if necessary) to receive the reservations and $$ and get it to me; maintaining a spreadsheet of who registered (drivers/guests/workers), who paid, who donated extra, and who actually attended. And all hands should be selling ads.

BTW. Without driver donations, we would be in financial distress with the banquet. We received nearly $1700 in donations. They ranged from $10.00 to $500.00!! Way to go drivers!!!

Congratulations to Tom Knorr and Mike Ancas, Hall of Fame inductees for 2015.

Yr Hmbl & Obdnt Srvnt
John Pitman
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

John is too humble. He put a lot of work into making the banquet and the program book happen. A LOT of work. Thanks, John!

Thanks again to everyone who helped make it happen, and to all the drivers who contributed $$!

PHA is much better off financially than we were at this time last year!