Rose Valley Cancelled

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

Rose Valley Cancelled

Post by Nelson »

Fellow Racers and Hillclimb Enthusiasts,

We are very sorry to have to contact you under these circumstance but it is with much regret that we are announcing the cancellation of the Rose Valley Hillclimb planned for May 2-3. This is not an easy decision as we know how much everyone was looking forward to restarting this event. We understand the extensive effort people have put into prepping their cars and the site for the hill’s return to the schedule. Despite the best efforts of all involved and considering many options, the planned pit area is not able to adequately support a quality event.

We will be working with the registrar and PHA treasurer to ensure full refunds are issued to all preregistered participants. If you have any questions please contact either of us below.

Tom Knorr – Event Chair 610-863-4709

Matt Rowe – Co-chair 860-593-5207
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Re: Rose Valley Cancelled

Post by mrevilracing »

BLAH
FOOEY!!!!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

If the event cannot find a suitable solution, I'll just thank Matt, Tom, Grace and all of those who attempted to restart this event.
But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If it's necessary for us to go up there this weekend to look around or speak to people, let us know and we'll go up tomorrow morning.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Thanks for the offer Steve, the out pouring of help and support from all involved has been amazing throughout trying to restart the event. Unfortunately despite everyone's best efforts and trying to consider different options we don't have a viable pit area. The gas pipeline buried in the pit field since we last used the site was more disruptive than anyone knew and once the snow had melted of the field it's just too uneven to use in it's current state. At the least it will need to be rolled in order for us to use it and the gas company has to approve any heavy equipment like that to ensure the pipeline isn't disturbed. There really just isn't time and to address it and we needed to make a decision now before to give enough chance to get the word out.

Again, all the organizers involved are incredibly disappointed but we also realize the people that are most impacted are the racers and fans.
~Matt Rowe
Rich Sweigart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 5
Current Racecar: Womer EV-1 Fvee
Reynard 84FF
Porsche 924
Hyper 600 micro sprint
Delcraft micro stock

Post by Rich Sweigart »

Should be able to use a track skid steer, plate tamper/small roller, and a couple loads of dirt. Most likely only take a day or two and hope for a dry summer. Skid steer weighs less than most RV and trucks that we bring in. What ever you do with the dirt, have a one call mark out of the site. I have hit a few gas lines(and fiber, water, sewer, phone, electric) :mrgreen: in my time; not fun and thankfully, they didn't blow up(high pressure lines).
Rich Sweigart
mrevilracing
Novice

Post by mrevilracing »

Thanks for the explanation Matt.
What a shame as so many were really excited to be able to run this event once again. So hopefully we can put it in a future schedule and I'm certain the excitement will return. Keep us posted! Thanks again for trying. And as many would volunteer for assistance, add us to that list.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Mary Anne Fieux
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 1251
Current Racecar: 1960 SAAB 93F

Post by Mary Anne Fieux »

Ahhhh, pipelines, shake, rattle and roll............... Perhaps the company who owns the pipeline can offer some help in the future, since they are always looking for some good "PR".

Bottom line, sorry the event was cancelled after all of the hard work. I'm sure things will be corrected in the future.

(such guilt after driving a 2-stroke car...........)

Having a degree in Environmental Science is such a hard reality to live with, especially in today's hard driven economic, doggie-dog, rats bigger than rats I've ever seen before (2-legged kind) world, after over 40 years of hearing the same reasons we cannot create a more gas efficient cars, I mean REAL gas efficient cars, while loving to drive a race car. Such conflict. I do believe in solutions.

Here is to next year!

Calm down folks, remember, this is America, freedom of speech and all that good stuff our Forefathers (and Mothers) crossed a really big ocean in really small ships for.
Mary Anne Fieux
1960 SAAB 93F
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

mrevilracing wrote:If the event cannot find a suitable solution, I'll just thank Matt, Tom, Grace and all of those who attempted to restart this event.
But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

If it's necessary for us to go up there this weekend to look around or speak to people, let us know and we'll go up tomorrow morning.
Also Sue, who put in a lot of work behind the scenes.

I'm also grateful to all of the people who came up late March to help with the timing test, even though there was still snow on the ground. I feel stupid for not stopping to check out the pit field! Can't remember if it was still snow covered (the snow was mainly in the woods and mainly at the top).

I'm hopeful that the effort is not wasted, and that we will run this event again!