More Rose Valley

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

gdh57
Site Admin

More Rose Valley

Post by gdh57 »

A bunch of us -- Nelson and Rick Kase, Kurt Eikenburg, Mike Robinson, George Whitman and Matt Rowe -- went to Rose Valley today to do the full wireless timing system test. I definitely want to thank everyone who came out to help today. We not only figured out where to put the equipment, but how to get it there, and what else we need for the event.

As far as the results go -- it turns out I had the finish line wrong when Keith & I did the preliminary tests in November, but we still had good signal when we placed the finish line antenna closer to the actual finish line. The "hump" is more in the way than it was when we used the other location, but we had good enough signal to time the event with our test, and we only went to 32 feet. For the actual event, we'll try more elevation.
P1060242_small.jpg
P1060244_small.jpg
P1060250_small.jpg
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: More Rose Valley

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone for doing this! PHA is fortunate to have such dedicated members.
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Will Carol be updating the entry list on myautoevents as she receives mailed entries? I assume we have more entries than the 11 shown. If she is too busy, is there another way to do this? I liked it when you could register on line & then mail a check. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Post by mrevilracing »

Thank you Grace and company for taking the time to do the research necessary for timing. Much appreciated!
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Sue,
I believe Carol Is out of town until April 12th. I'm sure she will post the entry list then.
sgmotorsports
Novice

Post by sgmotorsports »

Sorry for the delay in updating the online entries as I just returned to PA. I completed all of the confirmations today. We currently have 40 entries.

Carol
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Thanks Carol! I hope the vacation was relaxing and I certainly feel better knowing that we are now well over the 17 entries we had last night. :D
~Matt Rowe
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Matt - I know of at least 6 more not yet listed. Now we just need 2 weeks of hot dry weather. Sue
sgmotorsports
Novice

Post by sgmotorsports »

Matt, had a question from one of the drivers about one day only entries. Told him I would check but saw nothing on the entry. Is this an option as the online entry doesn't allow for it? Please advise.

Carol
RAY321
Novice

Post by RAY321 »

Can anyone tell me what the camping situation and pits are like at Rose Valley?
Grass, Gravel, black top, flat, sloped...etc. Thanks.
Ray Hollister
731 Chevy Cobalt
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Like I said in my post yesterday - pray for 2 weeks of hot & dry. It's an uneven field that can be ugly when wet. I have a photo somewhere of my MGA being pulled out of the mud by the farmer's tractor.
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Post by Matt Rowe »

Carol, there is no option for one day entry. The costs are the same regardless of if a car makes one run or every run that weekend.

The paddock area is all grass and we are hopeful that the weather will cooperate to minimize the risk of mud. Fortunately the farmers in the area enjoy helping people out when it comes time to leave. :)
~Matt Rowe