Rose Valley road surface

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

mrevilracing
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 341
Current Racecar: 2019 Mustang GT

Rose Valley road surface

Post by mrevilracing »

Well, we decided to take a ride up there today and check it out. Me, Nancy and MIke Robinson went up. It was just a crappy ride up weather-wise. But, we talked cars and courses and the normal stuff most hillclimbers talk about.

I guess we took 4 or 5 drives up the hill and did not get a full feel for the course because of the slushy/icy stuff on the side of the road and a lot of salt/sand/something-or-another on the surface and on the shoulder. So I cannot comment with certainty how the surface is. By what we felt and saw, the surface isn't bad. It deffinitely isn't as bad as Weatherly or Giants used to be. I think most folks will be ok with the road. However, I think some of the sports racer guys should take a trip up there in April or so to check it out. There are 2 spots you may want to look at and you'll see it when you drive up the road. 1 is in the begining of the 1st right hander and the other is in the 2nd or 3rd switchback. It may be no big deal but it was something that we thought needed a look.

The only thing we'll need to do is be sure we have leaf blowers. With the amount of stuff on the road, a broom will be ok, but I'm not sweeping a mile of that stuff!!

It'll be fun and interesting to run again.

We ate a late lunch at the Good's restaurant at the bottom of the hill. The food was pretty good.
RIP Joe, my friend.

Must go faster!!!!
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: Rose Valley road surface

Post by Matt Rowe »

Thanks for providing an update Steve after checking out the course.

I can provide my own update which is the event sanction has been issued so we are will on our way to holding the event. For all of you racers I know it's cold (and snowy) out now but May 2nd will be here in no time. Don't put off prepping the car for too long and miss out on the fun at Rose Valley.
~Matt Rowe
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

I was wondering if there are any records listed for Rose valley anywhere? I looked at results from 2008 but they were not anywhere as complete at what Nelson provides for us now. Will we continue with the previous records and build on there? Hoping I can make this event and at least a few of the others this year.
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

Check out this link:
http://pahillclimb.org/about/the-courses/rose-valley/
You can find the list of past records and course facts there.
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Thanks for the link...
m1bes
Novice
Current Racecar: 178 blazer

Post by m1bes »

I have records from 2006 and 2008 results
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

Jackie/Butch - I need to talk to you about Ascutney. How is the road surface? If I am careful, can I run it in the Jag?
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta