Hershey Vintage Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Hershey Vintage Hillclimb

Post by Mwilson »

Just to let you all know the registration forms are now posted for the Hershey Vintage Hillclimb on the svscc site. They are going to limit entries to 100. Event schedule and regulations are also posted. See you at Hershey.
http://www.svvscc.org/index.htm
Tim Royer
Novice

Post by Tim Royer »

HI,

Is it still a mud hole at Hershey? Or did they address that problem.
Regards,

Tim Royer
Mwilson
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 116
Current Racecar: Beach Mark 5 (Special 2)

Hershey Hillclimb

Post by Mwilson »

Tim,
At our last meeting we were told they took care of the water problem in the pit areas. They found a pipe that went under the road and right into the pit area. They re routed that pipe. They also widened the roads into the pit areas and also did some extensive paving on the hill. Widened some turns so I have been told. Thats all I can tell you. Its good I made this post. Sent you two e-mails with no response. Was wondering if you still were alive. Good to finally here from you.
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

to also add...those folks that have raced at the Hershey Vintage Hill Climb before...Application forms will also be sent out this weekend, so I'm told!

For those of you that are planning on coming to Hershey for the weekend, Feel free to swing by Campbelltown PA for my club's annual Volksfest! If you're not racing and have a VW...bring it to the show! We have a special area for display or enter your race car into the show!

nearly 200 show cars...and over 1500 spectators through the gate in the first 4 hours!!

Make a day of the hill climb and Volksfest!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799
eimc
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 46

Post by eimc »

I was told by the hillclimb chairman that most of the road has been resurfaced . I had gone by boathouse road weeks ago and saw a lot of paving equipment parked there. The grove (pits) was dry and the road going through was now very wide. Looks like everything is in great shape for this years hillclimb.
1987 Porsche 944
1988 VW GTI 16V GT-3 #46 Image Geely scooter Friend of Old # 7 1970 Porsche 914-6
Joe Foering
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 37
Current Racecar: '85 Dodge Charger 2+2

hERSHEY VINTAGE hILLCLIMB

Post by Joe Foering »

Took advantage of a nice day, Sunday, and drove out to Hershey to check out the course and pits/paddock...Walked the course and the return road...There has been extensive paving done on both the course and the return road...It looks good! The road through the field where we all park was wider and dry...I didn't walk on the grass, but I didn't see any standing water either. Looking forward to a great weekend (just so it doesn't rain)!
Ron Mann
Hall of Fame Member
Current Racecar: 1965 VW Notchback
1972 Subaru GL "The Superoo"
1987 Viper SR-1 "A" Sports Racer

Post by Ron Mann »

drove up the course on Saturday....I agree with Joe...some serious paving was done to the course. there were also some big washouts along the road that they will be fixing over the next few weekends!
Ron Mann PHA Historian & Archivist... Know Your Roots!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pag ... 0635511799