Where to find the supps for 2014

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

rallynutdon
Novice

Re: Where to find the supps for 2014

Post by rallynutdon »

I've seen sites, that when all else fails. have a link at the bottom (don't remember what they usually call it) that has descriptions and links that point to every first or second level directory entry. It can get to be a large list but has been helpful to me in the past. My $.02 YMMV
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

I feel like all I ever do is complain about the website, when in fact I like it very much :)

It really is clean, I love the home page! It is easy to navigate. And actually, I just typed "Schedule" in the search box and it brought up what I wanted.

Perhaps all you need to do is put it up at the top!

So thank you for working on it! And if I get out of hand, please enlist Steve Lewis to put me in my place! :)
Mazdahead
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 03
Current Racecar: 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE 13B,

Post by Mazdahead »

Everyone please take a look at what I have now.
I made a bunch of top level menu items which kinda messes with our logo, but I can fix that.
This mode kind of defeats having pull down menus, but let me know if this accomplishes what everyone wants?
Are things easier to find?

Dale
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Clearly better! Thanks, Dale !!
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

Mazdahead wrote:Everyone please take a look at what I have now.
I made a bunch of top level menu items which kinda messes with our logo, but I can fix that.
This mode kind of defeats having pull down menus, but let me know if this accomplishes what everyone wants?
Are things easier to find?

Dale
I really find it clearer, but that may be because you implemented my suggestions :-)

One additional thing I'd recommend -- don't make the pull-down menus also a link -- the items at the top should be a link with no pull down, or a pull down menu with no link. For example, I looked at schedule/results and didn't see 2014, but when I clicked on it, 2014 appeared. So I'd change any item at the top level so that when you click on it, it is either a link, or it is a pull down menu, but not both.

I've spent the last few years at work designing / maintaining a "dashboard" (which is not really a dashboard, but let's not get into that) for the Program I support at work. I don't get a lot of complaints, since what I've developed is better than nothing at all, but like you, I didn't feel that was good enough. I luckily, in the early development stages, sat across from a guy who was brilliant at what he did, but just could not navigate websites or other programs unless they were obvious. He had no idea that I wrote the thing he was cursing out on a daily basis. It was fun to fix the usability things he was muttering about under his breath. :)