Jefferson Expansion

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

SteveTC
Novice

Re: Jefferson Expansion

Post by SteveTC »

Rich,

I would be OK with either course, but may prefer to try the longer course.

Steve
georgebowland
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 114
Current Racecar: Bowland Boys Racing Shark
Special I

Post by georgebowland »

Long course would be my choice....something new and different is always a good challenge.
George
Dave Cutchins
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 94
Current Racecar: Formula B (F-1000)

Post by Dave Cutchins »

georgebowland wrote:Long course would be my choice....something new and different is always a good challenge.
George

Ditto
Dave Cutchins
FB #94
rallynutdon
Novice

Post by rallynutdon »

Long course is my vote. What ever it takes to make it work. (also didn't realize this was a survey).
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by TKnorr »

The most important question relative to this issue is how many drivers can provide a corner worker (spouse, relative, friend). So if you are interested in
running the longer course say so but also provide a worker in your reply.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

Tom, you sure know how to how to make a subject go silent! :lol:

Just joking. You cut right to the point. We all assume that we race and everyone is going to support us because we paid our fee. IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.
My hat is off to all those who get involved with putting on these events. 80% of the participants never get involved with lending a hand. Maybe that is an exageration.
Everyone needs to ask themselves, "what have I done to contribute to the support of my passion?" If you think it is just "pay my entry fee and run", this will be a dieing sport.
Most of us haven't the slightest idea of the effort being done to put on these events by the volunteers and non drivers for the support of the "Drivers".

Yes, I will include myself as not being involved enough in PHA. I can only defend myself as having shifting more of my support to SJR and club racing. Maybe that is why I don't show my face around PHA events, I feel guilty. :oops:
TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Post by TKnorr »

Dave, you are right about the topic going silent after my post. I apologize for that Please continue to voice your opinion on which course you would prefer to
run; you do not need to provide a worker at this time. At the Jefferson events we have always had a problem securing enough workers for the short
course. Many will need to help in this regard if we are to run the longer course.
Tom Knorr
Tom Knorr
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The extension will not be finished in time for Spring Jefferson. The harsh winter has put the project waaaaay behind schedule. They don't want to make any statements about whether or not it will be ready for Labor Day weekend.