Time Trial Rules

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

TKnorr
Hall of Fame Member

Time Trial Rules

Post by TKnorr »

Good News. I just received the Sanction Number from SCCA for Spring Weatherly. My
application stated in the Supplementary Regulations that we would be following the MARCH,
2013 Time Trial Rules. Both the NE Divisional Manager and SCCA accepted the use of last
year's rules. Further discussions relative to this issue will occur at the PHA on
January 18.
Tom Knorr, PHA President
Tom Knorr
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: Time Trial Rules

Post by Rich Rock »

Here's an update on our rules for 2014. One thing has changed since Tom got that sanction approval. The rule for belts is now 2 years for SFI and 5 years for FIA. If you have SFI belts with a 2012 or newer date on them, you're good for this year. 2011 or older, you will need to get new belts.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Things have changed regarding the belt rule! It will continue to be 5 years for SFI belts, not 2 years as I stated in the previous post. At least for now. (keep reading)

Last week we were told by the NEDIV Program Manager, in no uncertain terms, that the rule is 2 years (same as club racing) for SFI belts, and there was no chance we could get it changed, case closed. That's when I wrote the previous post. Morgan quickly pointed out to me that the 2014 TT rules on the SCCA website regarding belts say that there is no time limit on belts. I pointed this out to the Program Manager and he responded that what was on the SCCA site was wrong and that it would be corrected.

A few days passed without any correction being made, and our Program Manager now tells us that there is some confusion, the published rule is in question, and will be reviewed at the national convention, March 7-9, 2014. While we have permission to follow the rule as printed on the SCCA site, PHA intends to use the same rule we have been using, 5 years for SFI belts. Personally, I will wait to see what comes out of the convention before I make a decision.

I'm very sorry about all this, not that I or any of us in the PHA had anything to do with it. If you already bought new belts based on a 2 year rule, please let me know.

Rich
ktaggart
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 66
Current Racecar: Tigger II Formula Super Vee

Post by ktaggart »

Does the use of the 2013 rules include car classifications or just tech and event operations?

Ken
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Yes, it includes car classifications.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Let me clarify that. The PHA classes will remain unchanged. If there is a change in any of the GCR classes for 2014,we will comply with that change.
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

So...

Say I'm new and want to know what I need to do safety equipment wise to prepare my car. Where would I go to find this out? Are the supps posted anywhere yet?

Thanks!

Grace