2013 Duryea Hillclimb

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Rich Rock
Racer

2013 Duryea Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

This Saturday August 10 we will be doing cleanup and preliminary setup at the hill. All help is greatly appreciated. Meet at BMR garage (behind CJ's Tire Birdsboro store) 7-7:30 am or at hill, Turn 2, 8-8:30am. Pickup trucks are needed at CJ's. General landscaping tools including weedwackers and chainsaws will be helpful at the hill. Everyone who helps is invited to a party at Bill Shields' place in Yellow House later that day.

For the Saturday night party at Egelman's Park please donate something for the auction which benefits Pagoda Pennies Flagpole Fund, and the Reading Recreation Commission (they operate the rec centers which provide a safe, encouraging environment for the city kids)

Friday night, at registration we will have free hot dogs and maybe burgers too.

Some of the area below the Start Line will be available as pit space Saturday and Sunday. Race cars only, no support vehicles

I expect we will have use of the Recycling Center lots, just as we did for Pagoda. Stay tuned for details on exactly when those lots will become available and any special conditions for their use.

More to come as we get closer. Any questions or comments?
Rich Rock
Racer

Re: 2013 Duryea Hillclimb

Post by Rich Rock »

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped yesterday, we got a lot done.
Check out the coverage in the Sunday paper.

Www.readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=501894
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Got the word from the folks at the Recycling Center:

The lower lot will be available Thursday morning 7am. The upper lot and the parking spaces across the street will begin opening up after lunch Friday. Please try to use these spaces with consideration and efficiency. And don't forget to thank all the City workers for everything they do for us.
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

The Scouts will be selling breakfast at the Tower both mornings
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

dspgti
Novice
PHA Permanent Number: 7
Current Racecar: ITC Rabbit, G/Prod Rabbit, H/Prod Scirocco, GTL Rabbit, TR4, Formula SAE

Post by dspgti »

An apology to all Duryea entries.

There I was. 100 miles away in New Jersey. And I caused a delay at the event.

I had just built a new engine and made repairs to the transmission in my Rabbit. A hillclimb is the perfect break in for a new motor. Short runs to heat up and a long cool down. Great test and tune. We had all the plans in place. Then I got rushed to finish. Next thing was, I was having vision problems and didn't feel I should be racing. I delivered the car to my son without having done final inspections. Needless to say, I forgot to tighten the mount for the speedo cable into the transmission. Funny thing is, I don't use the speedo. It's just to plug the hole. Anyway, it came out and oiled the track. SORRY. MY BAD. Not Aaron's fault. Of course, he learned not to trust his Dad's work.

Hope you all had a good time anyway, even with the bad weather Sunday. Again, I screwed him by not bringing the rain tires.

Dave Yeager
gdh57
Site Admin

Post by gdh57 »

dspgti wrote:Again, I screwed him by not bringing the rain tires.
Oh, so it was your fault it rained! I was thinking it was my fault for not putting my rain tires on the night before. :)

Hope you're doing better!

Grace