Giants Despair

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Speednation
Racer
Current Racecar: 4 Hondas and 1 Neon

Giants Despair

Post by Speednation »

Hi - we have 70 entries at this point. I just spoke to the Dankos and, as in previous years, there will be no tow vehicles or trailers allowed to park in the pits. The last 2 years the pits looked like . . .the pits. Fans never even bothered to walk through because there was so much clutter. This year there will only be race cars allowed there, so plan accordingly. Thanks
Matt Rowe
Site Admin
PHA Permanent Number: 596
Current Racecar: SRF3

Re: Giants Despair

Post by Matt Rowe »

Just so that everyone is clear, by the "pits" does that refer to just the newly paved upper section or does that include the lower section under the trees as well?
~Matt Rowe
gmreider
Racer
PHA Permanent Number: 13
Current Racecar: SAAB 93 900S 86 900S

Re: Giants Despair Pits and parking?

Post by gmreider »

I 'll be coming for the first time ever to run here, so I'd like to be sure that I put my trailer in the right spot. I'll be leaving the car and trailer overnight, but going into town for a hotel , A/C and showers Friday and Saturday night. Am I going to have problems getting into the parking and trailer area every morning? Will I have room to park ?
So some one in charge , please post some kind of instructions. Thanks
Speednation
Racer

Post by Speednation »

[quote="Matt Rowe"]Just so that everyone is clear, by the "pits" does that refer to just the newly paved upper section or does that include the lower section under the trees as well?[/quote]
It is only the upper section. You will realize why when you see it.

Also, registration will be opening early on Friday - probably by 5pm but will move from the pits at 7:30 to the Mirakuya Japanese Restaurant until 9 or so - unless I have too much Saki by then. Of course, I will be available Saturday morning.
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

You're going to Mirakuya, not Mizu? That's the one on Kidder st? Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta
SteveTC
Novice

Post by SteveTC »

Stopped up today to look at the hill and pits.. there are about 52 marked spots available in the paved lots. the lower camping section is all cleared out nicely. the hill looks great, and PENNDOT was working on the berms to fill in low spots and clear off runoff/washout areas. Should be a good event.
Speednation
Racer

Post by Speednation »

[quote="Sue Salsburg"]You're going to Mirakuya, not Mizu? That's the one on Kidder st? Sue[/quote]

I think we are talking about the same one. The one we go to is on 695 Kidder St right in front of the Wyoming Valley Mall, and it is called Mirakuya. Last year, we have 25 Wankers (and adopted Wankers) at one table! It was a blast!!!!
Sue Salsburg
Hall of Fame Member
PHA Permanent Number: 56
Current Racecar: 56 MGA, 61 Jaguar MK2, 2013 Fiesta

Post by Sue Salsburg »

OK - that's why we never run into you. We go to Mizu which is up behind Wegmans, Highland Park Blvd. Maybe it's better we split the invasion. Sue
56 MGA, 61 Jaguar, 13 Fiesta