The Eternal Search for Volunteers

Talk about Hill Climb events here and watch this site for any last minute changes to the schedule.

Moderators: Rich Rock, Mazdahead, Matt Rowe

Nelson
Hall of Fame Member

The Eternal Search for Volunteers

Post by Nelson »

Attention all drivers:
At the PHA meeting on April 27, it was decided to try an experiment.
As you know, at some events there is a problem finding workers to man all of the corner stations with the appropriate number of bodies. This is especially apparent at the events held on the Jefferson Circuit at Summit Point Raceway.

For the Spring Jefferson event, we will be taking the names of any driver who volunteers and they will then work for 1/2 day at a corner. The other 1/2 day they will be able to run in both group 1 & 2. They will not miss any runs! They will not be offered more runs than anyone else.

Example: If we need you to work, you will work Saturday morning and then run Saturday afternoon in
both groups until you have made up your runs.

You can volunteer to work either Saturday or Sunday, morning or afternoon. If you have a preference, an effort will be made to accommodate, but there is no guarantee you will get exactly what you prefer.

If you wish to volunteer to work the Spring Jefferson event, please email me your name so that I can add you to the list.

This experiment may be expanded to other events at the discretion of the event organizers.
gdh57
Site Admin

Re: The Eternal Search for Volunteers

Post by gdh57 »

This is one event I can volunteer for in this capacity since we have no wireless timing, and I think I may take advantage of it. I would love to see the lines that others are taking in many areas of the track, especially those with cars that handle similar to mine.

Grace
RallyKeith
Novice
Current Racecar: Isn't every car a race car????

Post by RallyKeith »

Safety is always the most important thing and if there aren't enough workers then we can't be safe.

A suggestion for the future would be the option for drivers to supply a worker. If a driver supplies a worker it would make them exempt from what I assume is the lottery of being chosen to work if needed.

Keith
Rich Rock
Racer

Post by Rich Rock »

At Spring Jefferson I neglected to get the names of those who contacted Nelson ( there were three) And apparently I didn't ask the question the right way at the drivers meeting, so things didn't work out according to plan. Fortunately we had some drivers who came down just to work and we were okay on Saturday. It would have been good to have have someone helping Donna at Start/Finish on Sunday morning, but she insisted she could handle it, so the event went on.

For Weatherly we will try to do a better job of implementing this experiment. One thing I suggested to Tom Knorr is that we have a separate sign-up sheet at registration. Any other suggestions are most welcome!